UK becoming more racist now

Fish and chip style shops, dressing and talking like us. I would want to take in their way, not mine.

You get what I mean?

Well, if I went to India and couldn't see the difference between Mumbai and Hillsboro' I'd be dissapointed, but it's hardly likely.

Dressing and talking like us though? Behave, why ever not? Many Indians have been speaking English and wearing western style clothing for generations. Besides I'm sure there are still more than enough Indians that don't speak English and wear traditional clothes to easily outweigh those that do.

just looking at this thread is seeing how racist some people can be, they will find ANY excuse about foriegners in this country. the irony of it

there are far too many foreigners in this city.....we now have a jock serving behind the bar in the boozer...whatever next...:hihi::hihi:

In the last few years:

I've particularly noticed an increase in casual anti gipsy comments.

Also, more occurrences of "we're not allowed to say what we think about <insert ethnic group of choice> because of political correctness".

My experience strongly suggests that these kind of remarks are

a) A load of rubbish

b) Usually made by racists who are frightened of being called racists.

That still doesn't answer the question. What does what other countries (not individuals) do, have to do with what our country does?

People from other countries should adopt the British way of life and culture 100% or go Back home.

When I lived in Cyprus i didn't expect it to be little England I expected to conform to the cypriot way in general.

you go to another country to see different things, NOT be a surrogate england :loopy:immigration wise, you take on board the new ways but also celebrate and remember your own older cultural things

if i moved to spain id still deep down think about hendies relish, sheff weds and like to say some of the old sheffield words i remember from time to time for example

That is my point...I want to see the local culture, not some England to England ghetto.

Well, if I went to India and couldn't see the difference between Mumbai and Hillsboro' I'd be dissapointed, but it's hardly likely.Dressing and talking like us though? Behave, why ever not? Many Indians have been speaking English and wearing western style clothing for generations. Besides I'm sure there are still more than enough Indians that don't speak English and wear traditional clothes to easily outweigh those that do.

Thats my point once again...I would want to take in their culture, not mine.

Archived