UK becoming more racist now

I don't know where i stand on racist but i hate the way that immigrants can come into this country get whatever they want boost about what they get and how easy it is to get from our goverment and seem to get away with it,call me old fashioned racist or whatever but i think its wrong

In my experience, I think every colour and culture has a problem with another in some way.(on a whole, not individual people) For example after going to a school in the 80s and 90s that was mainly white and pakistani and seeing how at the end of each term there seemed to be a English V Asian fight, compared with later in the same school when a new race came along, somalians and suddenly the end of term fights were Pakistani V Somalian or English V Somalian. These days Somalians arnt a new race to Sheffield so I have no idea how they have got on, but thats defo how I recall it back in the day.. Didnt strike me as racism because the people actually felt strongly about it, more because it was natural to them to pick on another race, so they went with the new one.

I think this is true to a point, but thats school theres always fights, they fight one day and ok the next never like with adults,

still it seemed to have been lesser in the mid to late 90s

To me and a lot of people now it seem UK becoming more racist now more then it was 11 years ago or even 5 years,

it does not matter the area in most area it seems the same

even members of the police are racist ( I would not have believed this if I had not seen it over and over again )

a lot of people know this only a few will admit it,

I don't see it myself. Compared to say the Seventies racism is hugely reduced. I don't know if you are old enough to remember those times, but there was an incredible amount of racism common throughout society. And as for the police they were amongst the most racist, enthusiastically enforcing the notorious Sus law.

We've come a long way since then.

I don't see it myself. Compared to say the Seventies racism is hugely reduced. I don't know if you are old enough to remember those times, but there was an incredible amount of racism common throughout society. And as for the police they were amongst the most racist, enthusiastically enforcing the notorious Sus law.

We've come a long way since then.

im not that old, I was taking about when I was younger 90s, I thinks things seem to be going backward, and im not just talking about the gov (politics) and money grubbing rich people.

There are more racists these days. But with the measures we now have to deal with it, its no in the open as much as it was. Legislation to combat racism does not stop people being racist, it just makes behaving in a racist manner less open.

There are more racists these days. But with the measures we now have to deal with it, its no in the open as much as it was. Legislation to combat racism does not stop people being racist, it just makes behaving in a racist manner less open.

part of my point but with more laws it makes it harder to deal with for longer,

im not that old I making about when i was younger 90s to now thinks seem to going backward, and im not just talking about the gov (politics) and money grubbing rich people.

Is English not your first language?

I don't know where i stand on racist but i hate the way that immigrants can come into this country get whatever they want boost about what they get and how easy it is to get from our goverment and seem to get away with it,call me old fashioned racist or whatever but i think its wrong

Some of "them" just moved in next door to me, rumour has it they have so many kids and so little time the dss have given them a ferarri so they'll be able to get to sign on in time and back before thir kids come to harm.

Sound very sensible to me.

Is English not your first language?

Just reading this thread I've noticed red1 make several distinctive omissions/errors which are very similar to the distinctive errors another user made earlier today. To be honest I've lost count of the different aliases I believe they use, but you do learn to spot the definitive marks after a while. It's like playing Where's Wally.

Archived