UK becoming more racist now

Whatever you say noddy.Racism exists fact!. They come in all colours shapes sizes and minorities.

Of course it exists but not on the scale the Usual Suspects would have you believe,and if they actually bothered to lo0k into the subject of racism they would probably find that it is more pronounced on the immigrant side against the white population.I see you have fallen and joined the paranoias ,I thought you were above that,seems I was mistaken...note to self..Ja..sorry Flowersfade not as bright as first thought..

Like it or like it not, we're all racist (or sexist, or ageist etc) to some degree because we form superficially negative opinions about people based on the group they might belong to.

I believe that in itself isn't the issue, it's the failure to acknowledge its a personal shortcoming and then act upon it that creates problems.

People who are prepared to do so will effect positive change and influence those around them, I think V.Rossi made the point earlier about west indians largely being accepted now, however once they weren't.

Now Muslims are the current 'bogeyman' but most ive encountered have been very much like the rest of us, those similarities overwhelm the differences if we're prepared to see them, which real 'racists' are not content to do.

ps apologises 4 typos but mssging frm mobile

Of course it exists but not on the scale the Usual Suspects would have you believe,and if they actually bothered to lo0k into the subject of racism they would probably find that it is more pronounced on the immigrant side against the white population.I see you have fallen and joined the paranoias ,I thought you were above that,seems I was mistaken...note to self..Ja..sorry Flowersfade not as bright as first thought..

........ke? Knew it was a bloke!

Paranoia not really I just say what I see my Italian grandmother hated every race equally especially the english in Italy this mentality is not uncommon of superiority over all.

Of course it exists but not on the scale the Usual Suspects would have you believe,

I suspect yr not seeking to include the persecution complex so often afflicting members of the BNP and ultra far right?

Someone asked about stats. From those I read in The Economist or whatever it said 8% of Poles were in receipt of benefits while 80+ Somalians were. This is not anti Somalian either but pointing out that different types of immigrant have different demands for obvious reasons. I have discovered from living in London that racism is circular with minority gangs fighting each other, Africans laughing at other Africans and Africans and Caribbean's slagging each other. Then there are Asians resenting each other and caste on caste crime. There is also criticism of the white population by zealous minority bigots who spend all day thinking and talking about God.

I'm surprised there isn't more racism and violence. It's one of the better things about Britain that grumbling is usually as far as it goes.

well put. well put. we are racist among ourselves to be honest. so much so that for a rest we listen to what the BNP has to say while munching in oranges and waiting for the next bout.

i would argue that the only real reason the older white people, especially, say that racism is against them now is that it's not as acceptable as when they were coming up and when they are called to explain their actions or words they feel hard done by. of course there are many other reasons, but this is one of them.

the country is still very much a white British middle class male dominated country. no need to worry just yet.

Archived