UK becoming more racist now

Like it or like it not, we're all racist (or sexist, or ageist etc) to some degree because we form superficially negative opinions about people based on the group they might belong to.

I believe that in itself isn't the issue, it's the failure to acknowledge its a personal shortcoming and then act upon it that creates problems.

People who are prepared to do so will effect positive change and influence those around them, I think V.Rossi made the point earlier about west indians largely being accepted now, however once they weren't.

Now Muslims are the current 'bogeyman' but most ive encountered have been very much like the rest of us, those similarities overwhelm the differences if we're prepared to see them, which real 'racists' are not content to do.

ps apologises 4 typos but mssging frm mobile

well put, B.

I think its a bit of a myth that immigrants do jobs that the established population won't do. They only do them because they are not entitled to the same benefits as the established population. If newly arrived people were entitled to the same perks they'd soon kick the rubbish jobs into touch and claim benefit instead..

Of course it exists but not on the scale the Usual Suspects would have you believe,and if they actually bothered to lo0k into the subject of racism they would probably find that it is more pronounced on the immigrant side against the white population.I see you have fallen and joined the paranoias ,I thought you were above that,seems I was mistaken...note to self..Ja..sorry Flowersfade not as bright as first thought..

haha there we go again, twisting things, so ALL immigrants are the twisted evil ones

yes racism does and shouldnt happen on either side BUT its not happening on a bigger scale on the immigrants side.

people of colour / different cultures have ALWAYS suffered racism in this country from certain sections of the community and still do.

Us "white" people being the vast majority and this being ethnically OUR country less so, we have far fewer problems to deal with due to racism when it DOES rear its ugly head too.

an example

do WE get racist coppers targetting us whites? barely ever

do we get racist white coppers targetting none white people? more so

why is this?

Because its this countries police force, the vast majority are white, its ALWAYS been accused of being institutionally racist.

you get some minorities joining up obviously, do they target whites in a racist way? no cos as i said the vast majority of the force and this country is white

These white 'racist' only seem to target pakistanis, blacks, ect...Funny how they never have a bad word to say about the Chinese. Is it because they respect the chinese lifestyles more?

I think Chinese also get targeted but not as much.

I think its a bit of a myth that immigrants do jobs that the established population won't do. They only do them because they are not entitled to the same benefits as the established population. If newly arrived people were entitled to the same perks they'd soon kick the rubbish jobs into touch and claim benefit instead..

fair point, and many do. the majority come to work then go back home. of course the reality is far from the truth and it ends up taking you 20 years to save the amount you thought would take you twenty months to save. by then your kids are british etc.

but, yeah, if you make anything 'free' easy to get people so inclined would take it.

Uk people havnt got a brain, look who we put in power:loopy:

That's a rash generalisation, I don't think people are brainless because they voted for a political party other than the one I voted for, I'll make an exception for those who voted for the BNP though.

i dont think its getting more "racist" as such, theres always been an undercurrent, what has increased 10 fold is islamophobia, its almost now fashionable

Islamophobia just means not liking Islam. It's not so much a prejudice as a point of view.

Archived