What do you not understand about other cultures?

Put bluntly, I don't understand why they want to kill us all.

Since I got the usual crap about this, let me rephrase it:

Put bluntly, I don't understand why a small minority of one particular culture want to kill us all.

That better?

Do you remember saying this?

What do you think the Western cultures have to offer the Asian cultures?

I recall it but don't understand why you think there may be a conflict.

Asian cultures tend to show a lot more respect for people around you than western cultures do. That's something western cultures need to regain.

Western organisational skills are lacking in many Asian cultures. That would be a lesson worth leaning for starters.

now stop trying to trip me up when I'm right (And I'm never wrong :P).

Since I got the usual crap about this, let me rephrase it:

Put bluntly, I don't understand why a small minority of one particular culture want to kill us all.

That better?

Who wants to kill you? Why? How did you get to find out? And what are you going to do about it?

I don't understand why a certain group would choose to live in this country with millions of dogs, and then glare at me and them as though we're the devil when we take them for a walk in the park.

As my pups date back to the 14th century, they've more right to be here than any of us.

This happens on a regular basis and I find it (and the bitching) horrific somewhat hateful!

I don't understand why many people from Western cultures go to other countries and make us look like idiots.

Just as an example, English Women going to Morocco/Turkey (i'm sure there are many more countries known for this) to get laid then they wonder why men treat them like meat.

Also the stereotypical shouting if someone doesn't speak English. LEARN some of the language before you go, don't shout at people in your language because you assume they should know what you're talking about.

I don't understand why a certain group would choose to live in this country with millions of dogs, and then glare at me and them as though we're the devil when we take them for a walk in the park.

As my pups date back to the 14th century, they've more right to be here than any of us.

This happens on a regular basis and I find it (and the bitching) horrific somewhat hateful!

I assume you're talking about Asians, usually Muslims, who seem not to like dogs much?

I walk my dog regularly round Firth Park and have noticed that a lot of Asians do seem to be wary of dogs - but I can't recall anybody glaring at me - or bitching for that matter.

Some people definitely look concerned, so I'm careful to keep my dog on a short lead and move away from them, and usually smile and nod to show I understand.

I behave in exactly the same way with anybody who appears to be scared of dogs - it's called courtesy and consideration.

But if anybody did have a go at me for walking my dog, they would get very short shrift indeed.

Archived