What do you not understand about other cultures?

Polygamous cultures. I couldn't cope with that.

i hear you. couldn't stand that. it's illegal in Zimbabwe, but it's rife up to my parents' generation. I'm the first of six between my mom and dad. but the second of 16 at last count. and that's not too unusual. every man usually has what we call a 'small house'.

Just wondered, thats all. I was reading something a few months ago about rasta's and following the the diet - is it ital? or something like that? - and it was really interesting the way they lived.

there are different types of rasta, all follow what's called 'livity', which includes, among other things, ital food. for some it can include fish, but not shell fish, for some it does, for some it excludes salt and spices, even milk and eggs etc. but, yeah, it's ital.

Hmmm, interesting. Could you expand? I would say both sexes are guilty of marrying for convenience rather than loved. Men so they have sex on tap and a woman to pander to their every whim and need and look after them and women for the financial security, status and to have a sperm donor. Is that a fair summary?

so so. it's far more likely for a woman to run off with a guy because he's the wrong color, religion, class or whatever than a guy to do the same for a woman. guys tend to do things that cause the least amount of discomfort. if the parents say they'll cut him off or whatever if he marries jane he'll just get sue. but wild horses could hold a woman back from the one she loves. look at the history of mixed race relationships-it was always the girl going off with the 'other race' guy yet men just turned away from their 'half-breed' seeds and found someone else.

women rule when it comes to the love thing.

so so. it's far more likely for a woman to run off with a guy because he's the wrong color, religion, class or whatever than a guy to do the same for a woman. guys tend to do things that cause the least amount of discomfort. if the parents say they'll cut him off or whatever if he marries jane he'll just get sue. but wild horses could hold a woman back from the one she loves. look at the history of mixed race relationships-it was always the girl going off with the 'other race' guy yet men just turned away from their 'half-breed' seeds and found someone else.

women rule when it comes to the love thing.

I'd say that the same is true for men, look at history, it's littered with examples of men who've moved heaven and earth, gone to extraordinary lengths and taken risked their careers to be with the woman they love: Henry VIII, Parnell, Edward VIII, Prince Charles et al - there are plenty more examples but I just cannot think of any more right now.,

I'd say that the same is true for men, look at history, it's littered with examples of men who've moved heaven and earth, gone to extraordinary lengths and taken risked their careers to be with the woman they love: Henry VIII, Parnell, Edward VIII, Prince Charles et al - there are plenty more examples but I just cannot think of any more right now.,

Alfie Moon.

true, to a point. with us-men-it's always tinged with vanity and pride too though. there are men who did it, true, but they are very few compered to women, and they're the exception rather than the rule.

take Henry out of that list, please, love.:hihi:

Archived