Teacher hugging pupils?

Is this something that you are concerned about - are you worried that they did or worried that they didn't when a child was distressed? I believe that it is not advised but if a child runs over and hugs a teacher what do you think they should do (I am talking primary school here BTW)?

Can't honestly say it's something that would bother me if a teacher was to hug my daughter if she needed the comfort, I'd be more distressed if she was upset and remained that way all day because the teachers were to afraid of repercussions...she is in nursery though.

I'm a bit old school about the way people are with kids these days, I feel pretty awkward about the way people can be, say for example if a child smiles or waves at me I try and avoid the situation because I know someone, somewhere will take the opportunity to shout 'Perv' and it's so wrong.

Hi i mean in a Comprehensive school-a pastoral taking sides with a well known bully and hugging them (both are female) and this particular pastoral has been seen hugging other pupils as well. Theres a lot more to it, but i'm being told if this is true then it is a serious accusation and the pastoral will be heavily disciplined. I do have a meeting with this school next week about a serious ongoing bullying situation and regarding my child and i just want to get my fact right before i go in.

My little one is in her first year at nursery and on the first few days she was a bit upset when i left, and her nursery teachers hugged her to comfort her. I have no problem with it because i knew that would have settled her down. As i said that is nursery school, dont know if it's different in Primary schools.

Think there's some strange rules around like a teaching assistant can but a teacher can't. Barmy, when I was at school we'd get a hug if we hurt ourselves etc. Shame it wasn't the same in comp when our hormones came into play, lol.

There are no specific rules about a teacher hugging a child . I'm not sure where you have heard the teaching assistant thing from

Archived