Teacher hugging pupils?

In fact, to the exact point....I saw a male teacher/ teaching assistant hug a few pupils yesterday at my kids school. They went to him but he was slightly standoffish.....obviously in his mind was what parents might think of him? Poor bugger. Hey at the end of the day, what with enhanced checks on teachers these days, what on earth are we worried about?? I find it all very sad.

Thats the root of the problem.

With an enhanced CRB check, someone only has to go to the police and accuse you of somthing - you can never remove that crimal slur for as long as you live.

With a normal CRB, it shows what you have actulayy been convicted off

If your a male teacher, then I would never hug a child.

You don't want a paedo accusation poping up on a CRB check if going for future jobs. Its the same with first aid, its unwise for any male teacher to administer any first aid.

I know many people will say "well if my child was hurt etc....and I'd like the teacher to.....etc..."

HOwever mud sticks and criminal records do not go away. For this reason any adult, especially a teacher should leave well alone.

If parents are expecting teachers to hug or adminsiter first aid, then they have to be the ones who attitudes have got to change

Are you suggesting that only men abuse children?I think you will find this is slanderous and also highly inaccurate.Should a female give first aid to a male student?Crazy!

I am a teacher and whilst training we were told on numerous occasions that we must never 'touch a child' in any way as it can lead to all sorts of accusations.

When I was leaving my last school one of the pupils wanted to hug me to say thank you but I couldn't....

I can't be ar5sed to read the whole thread, i've only just noticed it, but suffice to say, as a ex junior football manager we were warned off giving players a pat on the back as they were subbed, same for "ruffling" their hair as you do when they score a goal, in praise.

The world has gone mad if this is classed as peado behavior.

There are cases of parents reporting managers in such cases, all because their kid was subbed. :rant:

I can't be ar5sed to read the whole thread, i've only just noticed it, but suffice to say, as a ex junior football manager we were warned off giving players a pat on the back as they were subbed, same for "ruffling" their hair as you do when they score a goal, in praise.

The world has gone mad if this is classed as peado behavior.

There are cases of parents reporting managers in such cases, all because their kid was subbed. :rant:

THIS

IS

BEYOND

INSANE

!!!! :loopy:

Archived