Can I clamp cars that park on my lane?

only the police and council can fine owners of illegally parked vehicles,this has been mentioned many times on this forum regarding clamping firms.I'm very surprised at this obstruction you living up Dore and all.eheheheh.

I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but as I am relatively new, I have not been privy to these past mentions.

How can the police or the council issue fines in this case? It is a private road.

Steelhead4 clearly and concisely pointed out the laws regarding this situation earlier on in the thread.

The lane on which I live on is private and any maintenance that is required is funded by the the other five residents and myself.

Across the lane is a gate and stone stile that leads to the public footpath over the fields and into the village.

The problem is that a group of walkers have taken to regularly parking their cars on the lane and heading off to the moors. No big deal you might think but they are blocking the path to the village with their vehicles.

My neighbour asked them if they would mind leaving the stile clear and was met with a volley of abuse. They seem to be doing it even more so now out of spite.

Can I buy a clamp and place it on any vehicle that blocks the path and charge for its removal? I am not sure where I stand with the law in such a matter. Thanks in advance for any advice.:)

It is unadopted but not private probably.You may need to warn people but you risk retribution eg broken windows, fly-tipping,dumping surplus concrete and so on.I think you would be even less popular with your neighbours as a consequence.It will be rather obvious where you live!

It's really self defeating to park somewhere that wee wees people off, i do a lot of walking and i know literally 100's of walkers / hikers, not one of them would be so selfish, indeed i can honestly say everyone of them i know would go out of their way to find suitable parking.

There's still plenty of concessionary footpaths around Britain that rely on the goodwill of the landowner, to risk upsetting one is just plain stupid.

I'm guessing these are "older school" walkers. ?

It's really self defeating to park somewhere that wee wees people off, i do a lot of walking and i know literally 100's of walkers / hikers, not one of them would be so selfish, indeed i can honestly say everyone of them i know would go out of their way to find suitable parking.

There's still plenty of concessionary footpaths around Britain that rely on the goodwill of the landowner, to risk upsetting one is just plain stupid.

I'm guessing these are "older school" walkers. ?

I don't think everything is quite as it seems.

Monofstrad doesn't want a resolution, he just wants money.

It is unadopted but not private probably.You may need to warn people but you risk retribution eg broken windows, fly-tipping,dumping surplus concrete and so on.I think you would be even less popular with your neighbours as a consequence.It will be rather obvious where you live!

It is private now, but it was unadopted several years before I bought the land to build on so you are right in some respects. The lane was bought by the tenants and a company was formed which now entails a six way equal split of the land leading from the public highway to the end boundry. Each director contributes an anual sum of money which is held for maintenance, the surplus funds are held in a high interest account and a dividend is issued three yearly.

Therefore any action taken will be a joint decission between the directors of the lane (company) and any consequence will be shared.;)

I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but as I am relatively new, I have not been privy to these past mentions.

How can the police or the council issue fines in this case? It is a private road.

Steelhead4 clearly and concisely pointed out the laws regarding this situation earlier on in the thread.

So when parking enforcement people stick a fine notice on your vehicle this is not an invoice then its a real fine,may I suggest you search the relevant threads on this subject.

Archived