The mentality of problem benefit claimants

It's even cheaper to pay a reasonable amount of rent for someone.

£400 is way too much, the cap should be lower.

The cap is what it is. However it varies and councils don't set what is actually paid to the maximum.

What is paid is set at 30% of the average for the LHA area for the BRMA. So in other words for this month in sheffield the 4 bed rate is £144.23 per week. That is approximately 30% of the average rent of a 4 bed house across the city.

The cap is what it is. However it varies and councils don't set what is actually paid to the maximum.

What is paid is set at 30% of the average for the LHA area for the BRMA. So in other words for this month in sheffield the 4 bed rate is £144.23 per week. That is approximately 30% of the average rent of a 4 bed house across the city.

I see. I don't really understand how this sort of thing works, so someone living in Sheffield couldn't claim for a £400 per week property?

I see. I don't really understand how this sort of thing works, so someone living in Sheffield couldn't claim for a £400 per week property?
They could but they wouldn't get £400 per week. The maximum they get is £144.23 per week but only if they had enough people in their household to qualify for the 4 bedroom rate.

When you rent privately you are paid for the amount of bedrooms your family needs rather than the amount you have. So if there are 2 of you living in a 6 bedroom house and you are a couple you get the 1 bedroom rate. If there are 7 of you living in a 2 bedroom flat depending on the makeup of your family you might get the 3 or 4 bedroom rate even though you only have 2 bedrooms

They could but they wouldn't get £400 per week. The maximum they get is £144.23 per week but only if they had enough people in their household to qualify for the 4 bedroom rate.

You'll still find some rather ill-informed trolls on here claiming they get £1,200 a month in housing benefit in Sheffield. Aren't they silly?!;)

That is an absolute dosgrace - £500 a week to sit on your backside? what sort of society tolerates that?

Has this been going off under New Labour for the last few years?

Its been going on for ages under Blue Labour as politicians get over 3 times that amount for sitting on their backsides in Parliament each week and doing nothing.

Archived