People on benefits and carboot sales

aww thanks love. it may be their things but as tax payers we probably funded the initial purchase of the things they are selling.

typical response from small minded people how do you know they havent contributed into the system anyway.

Anybody can sell their belongings at car boot sale and benefit is paid Mon- Sat. Even if it was classed as working Sunday wouldn't count. I work but I have also been unemployed for short periods and the benefit is paltry. I have had to sell possessions to make ends meet.:roll:

intesting that you should say it was difficult to survive on benefits because there are some people who do very well out of the system.

Technically they should declare it but since its not regular income and not guaranteed income that can be traced theres very little that can be done

Selling your household possesions is not income, you could get dealer to your house and sell them to him, would that have to be declared too. Have you tried living on benefit?

whys it any worse than people who work and dont declare it to the government as earnings??
Well that depends. I always remember on Only Fools And Horses where Rodney says they never declare their income and Del tells him that maybe they don't pay income tax, NI or VAT but they don't claim dole, housing benefit or rates rebate so it all balances, they don't put nothing in but they don't take nothing out either. That seems reasonable to me! I doubt you could live like that these days though

typical response from small minded people how do you know they havent contributed into the system anyway.

i wouldn't say i was being small minded. and yes im sure lots of people don't choose a life on benefits but for those that do i have no mercy.

aww thanks love. it may be their things but as tax payers we probably funded the initial purchase of the things they are selling.

You remind me of Alf Garnett - his theory was that as there were more unemployed people in Liverpool than in London, and Liverpool were more successful than his beloved West Ham it wasn't fair as it was the Government who were paying for the Liverpool season tickets (and success) indirectly!! :loopy::hihi:

i wouldn't say i was being small minded. and yes im sure lots of people don't choose a life on benefits but for those that do i have no mercy.

I agree. Anyone on long-term benefits has problems.

They're either happy to sponge long-term and happy to live on a small amount, no ambitions, no career prospects, sad little life.

Or

They're cheating the system and have some sort of side income, in this case, they should be locked up and made to pay back every penny.

Selling your household possesions is not income, you could get dealer to your house and sell them to him, would that have to be declared too. Have you tried living on benefit?
I said it wasn't income. Its a one off payment of money that you would receive. Most definitely not income.

I'm lucky enough that i've not had to live off benefit for many years. I do however work in benefits.

Archived