Hypothetical question. What will you do to protect your family?

Would you press the button?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you press the button?

• Yes
    • No

Hypothetical question. What will you do to protect your family?

There are two islands with a million people on each island, you live on one of them with all your family and friends and you don’t know anyone from the other island.

Each day someone from the other island fires a rocket onto your island which kills some people that you didn’t know, you have no way of knowing who it is and no way of getting to the island to stop them, but you do have a button which when pressed will kill everyone on the other island in one go.

You know for definite that one day a member of your family will be killed by a rocket, would you press the button and kill everyone on the other island to save your family.

Id press it in a heart beat.

But then i fully support israel against those cowardly terrorists that keep firing the rockets from schools and hospitals then crying foul when israel retaliate.

Im assuming this thread is about that?

But then i fully support israel against those cowardly terrorists that keep firing the rockets from schools and hospitals then crying foul when israel retaliate.

AMEN to that!!!!!!

I wouldn't be able to bring myself to kill a million other people in one fell swoop, just to protect my own family and friends from the slim chance that they might be killed, based on the facts presented to me in the hypothesis.

I find it hard to believe that many people would.

I wouldn't be able to bring myself to kill a million other people in one fell swoop, just to protect my own family and friends from the slim chance that they might be killed, based on the facts presented to me in the hypothesis.

I find it hard to believe that many people would.

For a slim chance, nor would I but in the situation presented, it states that you know for definate that the rockets will kill one of yours.

For a slim chance, nor would I but in the situation presented, it states that you know for definate that the rockets will kill one of yours.
ok, I'll rethink ... *ponder*

Nope, still wouldn't/couldn't do it, not even if it was going to be a definite outcome. It's just too draconian for me. Why should my family be more important in the grand scheme of things than those million strangers?

ok, I'll rethink ... *ponder*

Nope, still wouldn't/couldn't do it, not even if it was going to be a definite outcome. It's just too draconian for me. Why should my family be more important in the grand scheme of things than those million strangers?

Because you know and love them.....plus the other lot sound like a bunch of little buggers, sending rockets over to blow us up all the time!!! :hihi:

Say if you don't have a button to press and your family is still in danger what other lengths would you go to protect your loved ones. Or better still you have lost loved ones and without that all important button and nothing to fight with what would you do to seek justice for your family? Hypothesies can get complicated:suspect: Would you sacrifice yourself for your loved ones??

Archived