Hypothetical question. What will you do to protect your family?

Would you press the button?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you press the button?

• Yes
    • No

ok, I'll rethink ... *ponder*

Nope, still wouldn't/couldn't do it, not even if it was going to be a definite outcome. It's just too draconian for me. Why should my family be more important in the grand scheme of things than those million strangers?

Heya! You've got to remember: this is a yes/no only situation and id be very surprised if, applied to a real world situation, people didn't push the button to stop the bombing.

Because you know and love them.....plus the other lot sound like a buch of little buggers, sending rockets over to blow us up all the time!!! :hihi:
But it's not 'all' of them, is it? Maybe they don't approve of what's being done from Island B to Island A but they they have a rebel faction within, that they can't find and disarm them?

It's one of those inponderable questions that I would find impossible to decide and carry out, and that's why I'm never going to be in charge of things ... :D

But it's not 'all' of them, is it? Maybe they don't approve of what's being done from Island B to Island A but they they have a rebel faction within, that they can't find and disarm them?

It's one of those inponderable questions that I would find hard to decide and carry out, and that's why I'm never going to be in charge of things ... :D

Me neither - I nearly always think with the heart and not the head!!! (Although I still would push the button in this case!)

Say if you don't have a button to press and your family is still in danger what other lengths would you go to protect your loved ones.

What ever lengths it took to keep them safe.

There is simply nothing i wouldnt do.

It's one of those inponderable questions that I would find impossible to decide and carry out, and that's why I'm never going to be in charge of things ... :D

I think as soon as a bomb went off near your house you'd push the button out of fear and anger...

Hypothetical question. What will you do to protect your family?

There are two islands with a million people on each island, you live on one of them with all your family and friends and you don’t know anyone from the other island.

Each day someone from the other island fires a rocket onto your island which kills some people that you didn’t know, you have no way of knowing who it is and no way of getting to the island to stop them, but you do have a button which when pressed will kill everyone on the other island in one go.

You know for definite that one day a member of your family will be killed by a rocket, would you press the button and kill everyone on the other island to save your family.

First of all, I would consult our islands monarch with relation to forming a coalition government.

Once Successfully formed, I would create a Big Society (Means nothing but sounds good on paper) amongst our fellow islanders and impose heavy taxation on all those within.

I would then scrap whatever armed forces, munitions, and military hardware, so that we are in a weakened position with regard to personal island defence.

I would then debate in the island parliament, the pro's and con's of pushing the button. This would take many months, maybe years, to resolve, all the while innocent people dying from the actions of island B.

Because the population of island A decreases on such a rapid and alarming scale, taxation would again have to increase to provide funding for government ministers, parliamentary expenses, and second homes. Either that, or we'd have to get help from other island nations by using immigration as a population top-up, and relax the already lax border controls.

I would then ask for the United Island Nations to debate on whether intervention by push of hypothetical button against island B is lawful and justified.

Of course, by the time the decision was made, much time later, there'd only be me left anyway - and I'd push the button without a second thought.

Which is what we should have done right back at the start.

Id press it in a heart beat.

But then i fully support israel against those cowardly terrorists that keep firing the rockets from schools and hospitals then crying foul when israel retaliate.

Im assuming this thread is about that?

No it’s not because neither side in the Israeli Palestinian conflict live on an island.

Its hypothetical you just know. So would you kill one million people at the push of a button to save you child.

i would kill a million strangers to save 1 person in my family

:)

100% press the button.

if you didnt do it you would wish you did when you see your loved ones blown to peices

Archived