Hypothetical question. What will you do to protect your family?

Would you press the button?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you press the button?

• Yes
    • No

Lets add a bit to the hypothetical - both islands originally belonged to the people living on the other island, but you invaded and captured one of the islands. The people firing rockets are trying to get you to leave what they see as your land. In other words you should not be there in the first place to get rockets fired at you.

So it is your fault they are firing rockets at you, as you started it.

So it is about israel.

Wow, im stunned:hihi:

If the primary purpose of "the button" is to destroy the other island, and the inhabitants of the other island are killing an accupant of our island each day by firing rockets at us, of course I'd press it.

Then again, I'd press it anyway just out of curiosity.

Of course, the question then must be why did our government make this button before we were being fired upon. Are the rockets being fired because the other island knows that the button exists and they are petrified.
Personally, I wouldn't fire rockets at them if I knew they had "the button". It wouldn't be wise to give them reason to press it would it. Therefore, I'm presuming they are unaware that we have it.

Of course, the question then must be why did our government make this button before we were being fired upon. Are the rockets being fired because the other island knows that the button exists and they are petrified.

Im petrified of big angry snarling dogs.

So i dont flick their spuds.

1 or 1million, does it matter? 1million eventually boils down to an individual, or individuals.

I could ask myself 'are my children more or less important than any other in the wider sense'? My answer would be no they are not. But, they are important to me in the narrower sense which would sway me to deciding in favour of my own.

What if you were on Island B, in the population that could get blown to pieces? Is it okay for someone to kill you and your family because of the action of a small group who fire rockets?

You could argue that Island B are the lucky ones - they all get to die at the same time, rather than being picked off one by one.

It's a total no brainer. In terms of the limited hypothesis, it's push or do not push the button.

So, In the real world, if these were the only options, everyone would push the button!

May be not, the religious beliefs of some people would prevent them from sacrificing others to save themselves or a loved one.

Archived