Can E.U members Claim jobseekers allowance in the UK?

Ahh thanks

So I could say claim job seekers allowance if I were to live in Poland ? Etc ?

How much of a difference in pay would it be ?

I'm not sure, as far as I am aware rates are established on the basis of the good old "means test". Basically you are paid an amount which is supposed to provide an "incentive" to apply for jobs which aren't there. Sort of heads they win tails we loose scenario really isn't it?

Ahh thanks

So I could say claim job seekers allowance if I were to live in Poland ? Etc ?

How much of a difference in pay would it be ?

The theory is the EU allows true social and economic mobility. There are some restrictions depending on when your country joined the EU but basically thats the idea, so you could in theory go to Poland or Slovakia and claim benefit or get a job.

Thing is why would you want to? They are more or less third world countries. Who can blame their citizens for coming here and taking advantage of our benefit system? Don't hate the players, hate the game.

The theory is the EU allows true social and economic mobility. There are some restrictions depending on when your country joined the EU but basically thats the idea, so you could in theory go to Poland or Slovakia and claim benefit or get a job.

Thing is why would you want to? They are more or less third world countries. Who can blame their citizens for coming here and taking advantage of our benefit system? Don't hate the players, hate the game.

No I would not lower my self into singleing out a minority

But does the same work with health care ?

We have to take out health insurance don't we ?

Or would we get treated for free say in a western European country or day France who have excellent hospitals ?

Archived