People Doing U-Turns in Our Driveway!

If people are turning around in your drive, surely they're doing so because the road is narrow and it's necessary - not to purposely disturb and annoy you. I've used peoples drives to turn around in before. It's hardly the biggest problem in the world. If they were actually damaging your property and not just making you worry that one day they might then I'd understand.

I'm just a realist and think when there are people coping with terminal illnesses, unemployment, debt, uncertainty, people getting killed for their country and the list goes on, someone turning around in a drive way doesn't really compare.

And it's people like you that make mountains out of mole hills that's got the country in the state it is actually. Try taking your Rose tinted spec's before accusing others Graham with an E :loopy:

Has anyone made any mountains in this thread?. As far as i am concerned it is just a casual chat about the subject matter. I don't think anyone has attempted to compare it to any of the things you have.

Now. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill :D

I'm just a realist and think when there are people coping with terminal illnesses, unemployment, debt, uncertainty, people getting killed for their country and the list goes on, someone turning around in a drive way doesn't really compare.

And it's people like you that make mountains out of mole hills that's got the country in the state it is actually. Try taking your Rose tinted spec's of before accusing others Of being care free. You must live such a stressful life, bet your the type that gets annoyed with birds singing or kinds playing aren't ya? Pathetic.

You'll not get realism from Grahame - he believes in mythical beings. This thread will be gone soon because he'll take it off topic and into realms of fantasy and then it will be closed

You'll not get realism from Grahame - he believes in mythical beings. This thread will be gone soon because he'll take it off topic and into realms of fantasy and then it will be closed

I think Grahame's got me on ignore (well, he said he was going to, last time...) so he won't see my post in support of him but to be fair...he's only posted in context on here.

Give him a break and don't take the thread off topic!

Do the same as me! I bought a theatrical film set just to combat this sort of errant behaviour.

The offender backs into your driveway, whereupon large black curtains come down obscuring his view.

The large 'rotating driveway' then rotates through 90 degrees. When the curtain comes up again, he/she is pointing directly into your fishpond!

Freaks 'em out every time! :hihi:

I have been caught by this delivering leaflets in Crookes.Do you still keep carp?

I don't think it's a case of couldn't care less.You see,when someone turns round in my drive it doesn't bother me in the slightest and,that being the case,it wouldn't occur to me that it would bother someone else if I turned round in their drive. It can make turning much easier.I suppose that's obvious.People wouldn't do it if it made it harder!

You are only thinking of your own convenience, I would never dream of driving into someone else's drive, it isn't mine. I'd be doing a three point turn.

I think Grahame's got me on ignore (well, he said he was going to, last time...) so he won't see my post in support of him but to be fair...he's only posted in context on here.

Give him a break and don't take the thread off topic!

OK :hihi::hihi::hihi:

If people are turning around in your drive, surely they're doing so because the road is narrow and it's necessary - not to purposely disturb and annoy you. I've used peoples drives to turn around in before. It's hardly the biggest problem in the world. If they were actually damaging your property and not just making you worry that one day they might then I'd understand.

People do mind though. I was once working in a house on Crooksmoor Road and when I came out there was gridlock due to some person not being prepared to give way, so I had the bright idea of reversing into someone's drive and the second I did that the householder came out all abusive. So obviously people do mind, their house is their castle and they are very protective of it.

People do mind though. I was once working in a house on Crooksmoor Road and when I came out there was gridlock due to some person not being prepared to give way, so I had the bright idea of reversing into someone's drive and the second I did that the householder came out all abusive. So obviously people do mind, their house is their castle and they are very protective of it.

I wouldn't open someone's gates to reverse into their drive but if it was just an open driveway I really can't see what harm it does. Yes, your house is your castle but I'm not talking about driving into their living room.

I wouldn't open someone's gates to reverse into their drive but if it was just an open driveway I really can't see what harm it does. Yes, your house is your castle but I'm not talking about driving into their living room.

This wasn't even a drive. It was four terraced houses and the front was (still is) just concrete there is no wall or anything and it is like an extension of the pavement.

All I'm saying is that we need to think about other people, after all they may be some poor old sod who cannot stand the sight of children or even the sound of bird song. :hihi:

Archived