People Doing U-Turns in Our Driveway!

It is the attitude I don't like.

What attitude? The attitude of "Hey, I think I'll use this empty driveway and do a 3 point turn, instead of blocking the road off for longer and doing a 6 point turn in this narrow road." ...???

Grahame, if he doesn't mind people turning in his driveway how has he got an attitude. Oh, and Robin Hood wouldn't have minded either as he believed in sharing:hihi::hihi::hihi:

What attitude?

The attitude of a driver who is lost and confused thinking "i'm lost, i'll just use this drive because the owner won't mind because most people are kind and understanding and i'll only be a few seconds and will be out of their lives"

Or the attitude of the drive owner with too much time on his hands thinking "who's that bounder on my drive? Its a stranger? wheres my gun? he could cause damage, he could be anyone, he could wear the drive out, he didn't ask, didn't write to let me know he was going to do this, this is intolerable, its ruined my entire day. The Times shall hear of this!"

You need to read my post again.I said I don't mind when people turn round in my drive. That is their convenience I am thinking of,not mine. So it is not only my convenience I am thinking of. I wonder if Jesus would have minded if people had turned round in his drive?

Fair point and credit due to you, but the drivers aren't to know how you feel are they and if you didn't like it some would still do it anyway. Personally I would never intrude onto someone else's property out of respect and seeing as you mention it, Jesus had a lot of respect for others.

Fair point and credit due to you, but the drivers aren't to know how you feel are they and if you didn't like it some would still do it anyway. Personally I would never intrude onto someone else's property out of respect and seeing as you mention it, Jesus had a lot of respect for others.

Why don't you follow his example and share your plot of concrete with others while you aren't using it?

What attitude?

The attitude of a driver who is lost and confused thinking "i'm lost, i'll just use this drive because the owner won't mind because most people are kind and understanding and i'll only be a few seconds and will be out of their lives"

Or the attitude of the drive owner with too much time on his hands thinking "who's that bounder on my drive? Its a stranger? wheres my gun? he could cause damage, he could be anyone, he could wear the drive out, he didn't ask, didn't write to let me know he was going to do this, this is intolerable, its ruined my entire day. The Times shall hear of this!"

I think it is about treating others as you would like to be treated. :)

Archived