Ridiculous drinks prices in pub/restaurant.

I enjoyed my meal and evening out with my family at a pub/eatery last night.

And I didn't kick up a fuss at the time but, thinking about it just now, I wonder why on earth we put up with what they charged for drinks. (Maybe you don't). The restaurant across the road, I know, charge the same price at the bar as they charge at-table. And thinking about it, no prices for the many beers on offer were given on the at-table list.

If I had gone to the bar myself, I could have bought my pint for, say, £3.50 ( and that's dear). Because the waitress brought it to my table, it cost more than £6. I can't help thinking the extra mark-up is unreasonable. I will investigate walking to the bar next time.

Time for naming and shaming?

Welcome to the New World, where orders are to make the pound in your pocket in the next few years turn into pennies. Its called devaluation but cloaked in many other plausible explanations but the reality is the pound in your pocket buys less and less.

Paying all this additional costs on nothing special, allows a government to get more in tax returns, VAT to mention just one. Also with fuel, power, and other costs rising it is a way to collect extra taxes through creaming the profits, So the electricity company, water, gas and such become tax collectors by default, and easier to empty peoples pockets, without them realizing what is actually going on.

Archived