Employment difficulty

i have been on annual leave and due back to work tonight. but i just had a phone call from one of the staff saying im not on the rota. the staff member called me back after speaking with the manager and said if i go in in the morning i can have a meeting but they cant tell me why. i did nothing wrong before i left for annual leave. im not looking forward to tomorrow,anyone had any like experience or any idea what this could be about?:confused:

i have been on annual leave and due back to work tonight. but i just had a phone call from one of the staff saying im not on the rota. the staff member called me back after speaking with the manager and said if i go in in the morning i can have a meeting but they cant tell me why. i did nothing wrong before i left for annual leave. im not looking forward to tomorrow,anyone had any like experience or any idea what this could be about?:confused:

Are you on a permanent contract? Is it fixed or flexible? If so, turn up tonight. If you are not to go in for any reason, this should be up to the manager to tell you, and explain why. The only possible thing I can think is maybe some allegation of wrongdoing by you, in which case you will prob be asked to stop at home pending investigation. But once again, this should be the managers remit, not a fellow colleague. If I were you, I'd record everything that has been said thus far, but go in tonight. If they send you home, they can tell you why.

Are you on a permanent contract? Is it fixed or flexible? If so, turn up tonight. If you are not to go in for any reason, this should be up to the manager to tell you, and explain why. The only possible thing I can think is maybe some allegation of wrongdoing by you, in which case you will prob be asked to stop at home pending investigation. But once again, this should be the managers remit, not a fellow colleague. If I were you, I'd record everything that has been said thus far, but go in tonight. If they send you home, they can tell you why.

im a permanant employee. fixed night shifts.

the staff phoned me to double check as he knew i was due back tonight but not on the rota. there is now cover for tonight so theres no point going in tonight. and the managers dont work on weekends. theres only management know what they are doing but will not speak to me over phone.

"you will find out what its about when you get there"

im a permanant employee. fixed night shifts.

the staff phoned me to double check as he knew i was due back tonight but not on the rota. there is now cover for tonight so theres no point going in tonight. and the managers dont work on weekends. theres only management know what they are doing but will not speak to me over phone.

Well, if you are due in, go in and work. Do you want to risk being short timed on your wages? I don't know who you work for, and how scrupulous they are, but any reputable employer would inform you properly if you were not to go into work for whatever reason. The other staff don't have the authority to tell you not to go into work, if your contract states you should be working.

Well, if you are due in, go in and work. Do you want to risk being short timed on your wages? I don't know who you work for, and how scrupulous they are, but any reputable employer would inform you properly if you were not to go into work for whatever reason. The other staff don't have the authority to tell you not to go into work, if your contract states you should be working.

Absolutely. After all, what if it was someone at work playing a trick on you or trying to get you in bother for some reason?

Like Loubbe said, any instruction like this should come from your Manager.

Absolutely. After all, what if it was someone at work playing a trick on you or trying to get you in bother for some reason?

Like Loubbe said, any instruction like this should come from your Manager.

And if its not coming from your manager, then why not??? I really would go in. As I said, the only reason I can think why they would ask you to stay away is some sort of disciplinary issue, and if so, the instruction should be coming from your manager. And probably in writing, too.

ok. i turned up at work for the meeting but got told im not having it today we'll arrange it for another day.its about a letter of complaint against them to inspection board. and i was taken off the rota because im not up to date with moving&handling training. i asked when i would be back at work they told me tonight.

the training took place while i was on leave and i knew nothing about it. so why could i not work last night but its ok to work tonight??

Archived