If you had the chance to become a moderator.. would you?

Would you accept the arduous thankless task of running SF?

Or maybe you think you're not cut out be a moderater, that's how I feel actually. Not that I'd ever be asked.:hihi:

But if you do consider yourself moderater worthy and would accept the role, is there anything that you wouldn't tolerate that present moderaters do, and vice-versa.

Can I politely request that this thread stays on topic and doesn't stray into criticism of the mod team?

Whilst we're thinking about being a moderator, think about how hard it would be to be a moderator, not get paid to do any of it and have to face character assassination too. Small warning- abuse of the mod team will not be tolerated. If you want to discuss the mod team then you do it at the Helpdesk, not on open forum.

EDIT- to those who are wondering- yes, I am omnipotent ;)

Can I politely request that this thread stays on topic and doesn't stray into criticism of the mod team?

Whilst we're thinking about being a moderator, think about how hard it would be to be a moderator, not get paid to do any of it and have to face character assassination too. Small warning- abuse of the mod team will not be tolerated. If you want to discuss the mod team then you do it at the Helpdesk, not on open forum.

*checks his post*

I used to be a Mod on the the original "dark side" but I only lasted a weekm cos I'm rather pedantic and kept pulling people up on their bad spelling, which went down like a lead balloon with their regulars :rolleyes:

I've also modded on various games forums.

EDIT- to those who are wondering- yes, I am omnipotent ;)

If I was A moderater, I wouldn't do this type of thing Medusa. I wouldn't restrict freedom of speech or use my position to intimidate members that could have valid points they wish to discuss between themselves.

I know I could have contacted the help desk to make you aware of this but seen as you're posting I thought I'd tell you directly. I Hope my flipancy doesn't get me suspended.:|

I used to be a Mod on the the original "dark side" but I only lasted a weekm cos I'm rather pedantic and kept pulling people up on their bad spelling, which went down like a lead balloon with their regulars :rolleyes: I've also modded on various games forums.
OMG!! Just when you thought it was safe .... :hihi:

I'd never be asked anyway, but I couldn't do it. I'm lazy and disorganised and too quick tempered and democratic to run a forum this size. I've had my own forum and ended up handing it over after a couple of years to my two assistant managers, who promptly banned me!! the Judases! :hihi:

If you can't understand what is appropriate and what is not then you are not really in a good position to define 'freedom of speech' and how it relates to and should be used in a particular environment, in this case SF.

Archived