If you had the chance to become a moderator.. would you?

PS - If we give out bans because we disagree with someone's opinion, then how come you're still here? ;)

very fair point there,:) but it wasnt aim at fair mods like you , its the ones who edit your post or delete it without giving a good reason

very fair point there,:) but it wasnt aim at fair mods like you , its the ones who edit your post or delete it without giving a good reason

Even if it's not stated openly, there will be a reason behind every post removal. If you genuinely think that a post has been removed because a member of the moderating team disagrees with your opinion then contact the admin team via the Helpdesk to discuss it please.

We'll review what's actually happened and the reasons behind the mod team's actions. It's not common, but all of the team are human beings which means that we're all capable of making errors of judgement or interpretation and equally capable of pressing the wrong button sometimes. However, if the admin team review the decision and find, for example, that the post was removed because it had been reported as offensive, or that it contained a quotation which was removed for a valid reason, then that's an answer for you.

What is not widely known, due to confidentiality clauses in SF moderators' contracts, is that the moderators on this forum do receive various emoluments and perks, which together make the position of moderator very attractive indeed.

For example, I have it on good authority that moderators do receive salaries which place them in the upper tax bracket, together with inclusion in a final salary pension scheme, plus free membership of BUPA. Additionally, at least one member of the admin team is given a 'grace and favour apartment' and also a company car. There are also various other perks offered to members of the moderation team, such as subsidised gym membership and free manicures and pedicures. As a matter of course, all moderators are offered a choice between a laptop, netbook or ipad.

None of the moderators will of course admit to any of the above, because of the confidentiality clauses I mention in my first paragraph.

What is not widely known, due to confidentiality clauses in SF moderators' contracts, is that the moderators on this forum do receive various emoluments and perks, which together make the position of moderator very attractive indeed.

For example, I have it on good authority that moderators do receive salaries which place them in the upper tax bracket, together with inclusion in a final salary pension scheme, plus free membership of BUPA. Additionally, at least one member of the admin team is given a 'grace and favour apartment' and also a company car. There are also various other perks offered to members of the moderation team, such as subsidised gym membership and free manicures and pedicures. As a matter of course, all moderators are offered a choice between a laptop, netbook or ipad.

None of the moderators will of course admit to any of the above, because of the confidentiality clauses I mention in my first paragraph.

As an ex-mod who joined before contracts were mandatory I can confirm all the above with impunity. However, the role is also classed as belonging firmly in the public sector in order to enrage the DM readers.

I think you're getting us mixed up with the MPs.

Now while we're here, can anyone recommend someone reliable to come and clean my moat? :huh:

They get buffets as well, and I bet that includes fresh salmon.

They get buffets as well, and I bet that includes fresh salmon.

And crab claws which give you food poisoning a day before going to Amsterdam. Maybe that was just me. :)

As to the rest, erm... Shhhhhhhhhh. I don't want my birdbath being repossessed.

You were supposed to hand that back when you resigned. I had my eye on it for one of my back gardens. :rant:

And crab claws which give you food poisoning a day before going to Amsterdam. Maybe that was just me. :)

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, but I bet they got their flights paid, and that whatever happend among the mods in Amsterdam, stays with the mods in Amsterdam.

I guess they are shape-shifting lizards of the NWO.

Archived