If you had the chance to become a moderator.. would you?

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, but I bet they got their flights paid, and that whatever happend among the mods in Amsterdam, stays with the mods in Amsterdam.

I guess they are shape-shifting lizards of the NWO.

Promote this user. They know the truth anyway, you should make use of them.

I just had to ban a very close friend from one of my forums, i doubt he'll speak to me again. :(

In terms of online activities, it's the hardest decision i've ever had to make.

Just be careful what you wish for.

I feel for you in this one.

When I first started as a mod I sent my online mates a PM to let them know that if I had to ban them it would be me not talking to them, not the other way round. Ask any one of them and they'll tell you that I'm tougher on them than I am on everybody else, because they really should know better.

I feel for you in this one.

When I first started as a mod I sent my online mates a PM to let them know that if I had to ban them it would be me not talking to them, not the other way round. Ask any one of them and they'll tell you that I'm tougher on them than I am on everybody else, because they really should know better.

Everyone deserves a good hard banning at some point in their lives...

I just had to ban a very close friend from one of my forums, i doubt he'll speak to me again. :(

Being serious for a second that was the worst part for me. One person who's opinion I valued highly has never spoken to me again. People can (correctly - I have no complaint) take things very seriously. Written word is often taken much worse than speaking to someone, that makes life difficult on a Forum.

Being serious for a second that was the worst part for me. One person who's opinion I valued highly has never spoken to me again. People can (correctly - I have no complaint) take things very seriously. Written word is often taken much worse than speaking to someone, that makes life difficult on a Forum.

This guy was the foremost expert in his field in the world, taught me almost everything i know on the subject we discuss, it's a massive loss to the forum, myself and the subject we discuss.

This was due to a new member questioning a theory we'd been over many times, if he'd just used the search facility it would never have happened.

The term "gutted" doesn't even begin to describe my feelings. :(

Would you accept the arduous thankless task of running SF?

Or maybe you think you're not cut out be a moderater, that's how I feel actually. Not that I'd ever be asked.:hihi:

But if you do consider yourself moderater worthy and would accept the role, is there anything that you wouldn't tolerate that present moderaters do, and vice-versa.

Yes I would and freedom of speech.

I had to do this to a fellow admin on a tech support forum some 7 or 8 years ago. At first i was devastated but a few days later he was threatening to come over from America and kill me and my family. This guy was far superior to me and he managed to find the road i live on.

It was passed over to the police and i never heard anything again.

Archived