If you had the chance to become a moderator.. would you?

Promote this user. They know the truth anyway, you should make use of them.

but they posted the truth in an open forum so now we have to kill them

.... um

as I've just confirmed that ... who is that in the garden ? ..... is that a rifleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This guy was the foremost expert in his field in the world, taught me almost everything i know on the subject we discuss, it's a massive loss to the forum, myself and the subject we discuss.

(

So why ban him, surely that makes no sense ?

Rules are rules, you cannot make allowances based on knowledge, that makes no sense.

Based on the number of excellent posters that have dissapeared over the last couple of years perhaps a bit of flexibility might be used before all the interesting people dissapear and you end-up with a totaly compliant but totaly dull forum ?

I think the main reason people leave and never come back is they feel "wronged" by the moderators, and it's all well and good saying "it's not us, our hand are tied, rules are rules etc. etc." but the number of actually interesting threads here has been falling for the last few years.

TBH the helpdesk is pretty pointless if you are banned for three days or less (as the estimated turn around for the help desk is 72 hours - 3 days).

Which means your ban is served before someone has even read your ticket/appeal.

i did just get a ban for a day didnt even know about it till 1 hour before it ended :hihi:

Rules are rules, you cannot make allowances based on knowledge, that makes no sense.

then you will live a very limited and boring life if you wont dare break a rule or two

Based on the number of excellent posters that have dissapeared over the last couple of years perhaps a bit of flexibility might be used before all the interesting people dissapear and you end-up with a totaly compliant but totaly dull forum ?

Not over the past couple of years but people like Owdlad/Kirky/Tis/Mojo/Cads...

These were all people that were the life and soul of the forum yet were driven away when the forum turned too PC.

I used to come on here and laugh out loud at these characters every night. SF doesn't have this anymore and never will again unfortunately.

Archived