If you had the chance to become a moderator.. would you?

Not over the past couple of years but people like Owdlad/Kirky/Tis/Mojo/Cads...

These were all people that were the life and soul of the forum yet were driven away when the forum turned too PC.

I used to come on here and laugh out loud at these characters every night. SF doesn't have this anymore and never will again unfortunately.

You know we can't discuss any of those users and will not discuss action taken against any forum users on open forum.

It's interesting though that you include in that list one user who wasn't driven away, nature took the decision from both of our hands, and one user who isn't banned at all...

If the discussion is all going to be complaints based upon the old 'SF was better in the good old days' model (which has been going on for at least 6 years to my knowledge, meaning that the 'good old days' were only the first few months of SF) then this thread will be history very shortly.

The thread topic, if I need to remind everyone, is 'If you had the chance to become a moderator, would you?' and is nothing to do with taking pot shots at moderator or admin team decisions.

You know we can't discuss any of those users and will not discuss action taken against any forum users on open forum.

It's interesting though that you include in that list one user who wasn't driven away, nature took the decision from both of our hands, and one user who isn't banned at all...

If the discussion is all going to be complaints based upon the old 'SF was better in the good old days' model (which has been going on for at least 6 years to my knowledge, meaning that the 'good old days' were only the first few months of SF) then this thread will be history very shortly.

The thread topic, if I need to remind everyone, is 'If you had the chance to become a moderator, would you?' and is nothing to do with taking pot shots at moderator or admin team decisions.

It wasn't any form of complaint. It was an observation :)

BTW. Owd was gone from here for ages before he sadly left us :(

Considering it's not supposed to be actively moderated some threads dissapear pretty quick on here, one just appeared and dissapeared in the space of 5 minutes.
it's the luck of the draw

if a moderator happens to see a problem post or if anyone reports it then it will be dealt with

some threads and posts last days before we find out about them because no one reports them and we don't go looking for them

some, are spotted almost as soon as they are posted, because a moderator happens to be looking at the page at the time, opens the thread, sees something that needs sorting out and deals with it, in those cases the moderators may be the only people, apart from the person who posted it, who sees the offending posts

Sometimes threads and posts are also removed because the OP requested it, not because they broke forum rules.

Anyway, where's my buffet? :suspect:

After all that messy business with the elephant in my initiation as well. :hihi:

Archived