Help with hyundai car

anybody help.i have previosly owned a hyundai trajet of which at the stated time period i had the timing belts done by the main dealer,unfortunatley it was invoved in a crash and was a right off.since then i purchased another trajet on which the dealer insisted the timing belt had been done[this was a hyundai dealer at liverpool where i purchased the car.i have had the car now 15 months and the timing belt has gone.how does this leave me with the dealer,should he have to replace it as iwould have thought the warranty for the timing belt should be longer than fifteen month.ialso asked them for written proof that the work had been done but he stated that the work would be on the computer as it also had a full service before it left the hyundai garage

If it can be proven that it was done and that it was done buy the main dealer then you should have a case. there first step i would take is to request a print out off the details of the cam belt change before you mention that it has gone word of mouth means nothing and they may not remember every saying anything to you if they know it has gone and feel you have a claim.

Archived