Mothers Day Big Let Down by Selfish Kids

eh i got nothing

my daughter doesnt understand and him indoors well wouldnt occur to him ( its my burthday next week, i shall be buying my own present as usual, his was last month and i serched high and low for the right pressie for him )

i also did all the cooking for the two of them, im currently unable to eat

i did thou travel to my mum yesterday with presents for her, cant say she noticed bless her

You sound ungratefull though to be fair, any other mother, would have smiled, said thanks, acted as though she was happy even if she wasn't. Plus mothers day to me says.

''This is how much I could love you if I could be arsed''

This was our first mother's day without my husband to nudge the children into buying a present for me, or reminding them to make a card. I was fairly resigned to not getting anything much this year, but they took themselves off yesterday together and came home with more presents than ever before :)

I think losing their dad has made them more appreciative of the parent they have left, they even bought presents for their nannan. I have such lovely children, I am blessed.

This was our first mother's day without my husband to nudge the children into buying a present for me, or reminding them to make a card. I was fairly resigned to not getting anything much this year, but they took themselves off yesterday together and came home with more presents than ever before :)

I think losing their dad has made them more appreciative of the parent they have left, they even bought presents for their nannan. I have such lovely children, I am blessed.

Now that is what its really all about!!! you have real good kids there.

You sound ungratefull though to be fair, any other mother, would have smiled, said thanks, acted as though she was happy even if she wasn't. Plus mothers day to me says. ''This is how much I could love you if I could be arsed''
You sound pretty ungrateful too, not a very nice child, your mother must be a saint! Lucky she was arsed to love you and feed you and change your stinky nappies, aye?

What's that quote about an ungrateful child being like a serpent ... hang on, I'll go and find it.

'How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have an ungrateful child'

Awww, poor you What did he say when you asked why he'd got nothing for you from your daughter? Why did they have her anyway? oops, sorry that's too nosey!

Next year she'll be old enough to make her own card for you anyway. x

They have her every other weekend... He saw my Mums presents here on top of the fridge, and asked why I'd waited all day to open them. I said "They're my mums not mine...I ANT GOT OWT!!!"

And he just laughed!

Thank you everyone for your brilliant posts, they have really cheered me up and made me laugh!!!!!!]

a) children will be made to feel guilty for quite a long time yet and I will certainly feast out on this for the forseeable future!

b) hubsy will indeed receive a box of choc and necklace for fathers day, might even throw in a bunch of petrol station blooms!

c) I don't think I am any more more materialistic than the next person, I just wanted to be spoilt a bit that's all.

Feeling a bit better now, work is nearly over and I think I might start on my half bottle of vodka when I get in, might even try the dvd too!!! xxx

You sound pretty ungrateful too, not a very nice child, your mother must be a saint! Lucky she was arsed to love you and feed you and change your stinky nappies, aye?

What's that quote about an ungrateful child being like a serpent ... hang on, I'll go and find it.

'How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have an ungrateful child'

Nope, I bought my mother a lovely card, spent the day with her, took her out for a meal etc... and she is a saint becuase she isn't a fan of flowers :) She's a happy meal today, and as a result, so am I.

This is why we need a *like* button! So pleased you had a lovely day! x

Archived