Job centres 'tricking' people out benefits

I saw this article in the newspaper - by chance. It left me speechless.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/apr/01/jobcentres-tricking-people-benefit-sanctions?INTCMP=SRCH

I work with vulnerable people with learning difficulties and if this is the kind of thing that is going on I really fear for them.

Just thought I'd bring it to the attention of other Forum members, who might be thinking that Job centres first motivation is to get people into work.

The Guardian is as bad as the Daily Express and the Mail at exagerating the truth, no one who is entitled to benefits should be stopped from gettng them.

Its the 100,000,s who fiddle the system that need stopping, if we did that then those in genuine need could be given more.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/apr/01/jobcentres-tricking-people-benefit-sanctions?INTCMP=SRCH

I work with vulnerable people with learning difficulties and if this is the kind of thing that is going on I really fear for them.

Just thought I'd bring it to the attention of other Forum members, who might be thinking that Job centres first motivation is to get people into work.

The Guardian is as bad as the Daily Express and the Mail at exagerating the truth, no one who is entitled to benefits should be stopped from gettng them.

Its the 100,000,s who fiddle the system that need stopping, if we did that then those in genuine need could be given more.

Come on, I find it very hard to believe the Guardian is as bad as the Mail and Express. I don't think the Guardian is bashing benefit claimants here either.

This is Sheffield Forum, South Yorkshire, UK, 2011. People don't give a flying F about the sick and disabled or the deliberate targeting of the most vulnerable sectors of society. I've come to the conclusion that most forumers need *benefits scum* to exist so that they have something to project their own sociopathic venom onto. The one thing they genuinely don't give a toss about is 'genuine cases', it's just a knee jerk trope they don't know the meaning of and don't want to know the meaning of. The reality is too messy and complicated.

This is Sheffield Forum, South Yorkshire, UK, 2011. People don't give a flying F about the sick and disabled or the deliberate targeting of the most vulnerable sectors of society. I've come to the conclusion that most forumers need *benefits scum* to exist so that they have something to project their own sociopathic venom onto. The one thing they genuinely don't give a toss about is 'genuine cases', it's just a knee jerk trope they don't know the meaning of and don't want to know the meaning of. The reality is too messy and complicated.

You on the dole by any chance?? :hihi:

So you think the workshy should be entitled to a taxpayer-funded lifestyle for life, with no checks on whether they're genuinely sick or just faking it?

As is usual with The Guardian, this so-called article is little more than tory-bashing scaremongering.

If people want to receive dole money all they have to do is keep a five minute appointment once a fortnight and prove they're looking for work. Surely that's not that difficult, even for the workshy?

So you think the workshy should be entitled to a taxpayer-funded lifestyle for life, with no checks on whether they're genuinely sick or just faking it?

As is usual with The Guardian, this so-called article is little more than tory-bashing scaremongering.

If people want to receive dole money all they have to do is keep a five minute appointment once a fortnight and prove they're looking for work. Surely that's not that difficult, even for the workshy?

What about our rights?

What do people expect under the tories? They would probably consider shooting the poor if they thought they could get away with it.

Archived