How can an atheist believe in ghosts?

I can't seen anyone on this thread suggesting a definition of God and without a definition, it is perfectly meaningless to talk about the existence or non-existence of it. In Spiritualism, we think of God as being a spiritual power that permeates all the Mind and minds of the Universe (in this World and the next). There is some evidence for the existence of this notion of God, e.g. in Spiritual Healing. Having been on the receiving end of it a number of times, I can confirm that I have felt the heat, vibrations and tingling sensations that you tend to get from healers' hands. Clearly there is some energy transference going on here. People sometimes get cured, or at least have their condition improved, via Healing. The Spiritualist hypothesis is that someone in the next World (typically an ex-doctor) directs the power (which we call God) through the Healer into the patient.

The problem with everything that you have just said over the previous few posts is that there is not a single account of genuine paranormal event to support your fanciful ideas.

Not one.

Ever.

On the contrary, I have met a lady who had spent 20 years in a wheelchair but who was up and about walking within 6 months of undergoing Spiritual Healing. Also a lady whose slipped disc was instantly cured when she met a mutual friend in the street, who was a Healer, and who placed his hand on her back.

On the contrary, I have met a lady who had spent 20 years in a wheelchair but who was up and about walking within 6 months of undergoing Spiritual Healing. Also a lady whose slipped disc was instantly cured when she met a mutual friend in the street, who was a Healer, and who placed his hand on her back.

Well there's certainly no arguing with claims as well documented as that :roll:

btw when was the last time 'spiritual healing' caused an amputee to regrow their missing limb?

btw when was the last time 'spiritual healing' caused an amputee to regrow their missing limb?

Couldn't you have hit him with that a little more gently?

thousands of sightings over centuries by people can not be so easily dismissed,they arnt all inventing stories for attention surely,some have been reported by people of good standing such as police officers etc.many of the sightings have passed into folk law such as anne bolyne in the tower of london ,seen by umpteen witnesses over the centuries

I once watched the televangelist pastor Jerry Falwell on American TV, and I can tell you that reverend Falwell is a very powerful man, when he was on I placed my hand on the TV, and he unblocked my toilet using the power of god.

thousands of sightings over centuries by people can not be so easily dismissed,they arnt all inventing stories for attention surely,some have been reported by people of good standing such as police officers etc.many of the sightings have passed into folk law such as anne bolyne in the tower of london ,seen by umpteen witnesses over the centuries

Would have thought being a Police officer is not the best evidence of the existence of bogey men.

So this spiritual healing takes somewhere between instantly and six months to work?

It's clear proof of something or nothing.

Archived