Do you acknowledge waiters and waitresses during meals?

my mother taught me manners so of course i say thank you any time something is brought to us or taken away, always say please and smile when asking for something and always leave some sort of tip
Shergar! in the 3.30 at Aintree.

Part time waitress here!

Please/Thankyou goes a long way! A smile counts too... :)

I always tend to pick on a "lead" character when I'm serving a big group... So if I can't get each individuals attention then I have the support of someone who can :) Tends to work well!

Lack of acknowledgement tends to occur most in large parties... Very rare in couples/smaller groups...

Although it does make me chuckle when late teen girls ask their boyfriend to ask me for a diet coke... erm, I'm stood here, get a voice and ask me yourself!

i always thank them and remain polite and courteous, unless there rude to me then I do exactly the same thing back.

Treat people how you expect to be treated.

I wouldn't, I don't like the taste of spit or ass. ;) I would just wait until the end of the meal, leave no tip and never return. Thankfully it's never come to that as I've always found waiters/ waitresses to be very polite and friendly. :)

Archived