Rude or just funny?

There is a time and a place for saying 'funny things'(I don't consider calling someone ugly to be funny), and work is neither the time nor the place. If any of my employees behaved like this towards a customer they would be shown the door.

Well I actively encourage my employees to have banter with the customers, nothing hurtful or targeted, otherwise it would be a very long and boring day for everyone.

Well I actively encourage my employees to have banter with the customers, nothing hurtful or targeted, otherwise it would be a very long and boring day for everyone.

thats the way to be, ive worked in pubs and bars and the day/night would drag by without the banter, i really enjoyed it, even more so when the managers joined in:D

life is way too short

She will feel pretty aweful if she realises that just about everyone on here is siding with that punk shop assistant!:nono:

no im sure if she will see what we are all saying and realise it was just banter

Hmmm...I bet you're a positive delight! Yet another with a sense of humour bypass!

Get a grip!

I'm sorry if I don't share your sense of humour, but IMO calling a poor insecure young woman fat or ugly is not funny. This can lead to further problems including eating dissorders and sadly suggestions like "Get a grip" will have no effect on her whatsoever.:(

Archived