Barbara Dickson, Building 21, Sunday 4 September

building21

Tickets are now on sale for Barbara Dickson

Sunday 4 September 2011 7.30pm

Tickets £25.00 plus Booking Fee

(Weekend ticket £45)

Tickets available from the Civic: 01226 32700 http://www.barnsleycivic.co.uk

Elsecar Heritage Centre 01226 740203

Having started her career in the folk clubs in Scotland, Barbara went on to record numerous hit songs including ‘Answer Me’ which become a top ten hit in 1976, ‘Caravan Song’ and ‘January, February’ and ‘I Know Him So Well’, a duet sung with Elaine Paige, which became a huge worldwide and UK hit for many weeks. In addition she won many awards for her acting where she took leading roles in ‘John, Paul, George, Ringo….and Bert’, ‘Spend, Spend, Spend’ as well as on TV in ‘Taggart’ and ‘The Two Ronnies’.

In 2011 having co-presented the BBC Folk Awards in London with Mike Harding, she is returning to her folk roots to perform a more traditional repertoire at folk and other festivals around the country and overseas. This is reflected in her new CD “Words Unspoken”

Her autobiography, published in 2009, records her career, which she is now turning back towards her folk roots. Billy Connoly said “I love Barbara Dickson. From the very first time I heard her, her voice just nailed me to the wall! Her voice has that kind of smoothness… she’s just a one-off”.

Support artists: Amy Wadge & Pete Riley

MAD Fest Building 21, Elsecar Heritage Centre

Sunday 4 September 2011 7.30pm

Tickets £25.00 plus Booking Fee

(Weekend ticket £45)

Tickets available from the Civic: 01226 32700 http://www.barnsleycivic.co.uk

Elsecar Heritage Centre 01226 740203

Archived