Car Insurance question

None of us are or will be driving without any insurance! We are not that kind of people and certainly not that stupid!! We also have 2 very young children and like all parents dont want them in any danger so we wouldn't put them in any by not having insurance!!

If he is an additional driver is he not earning no claims?

None of us are or will be driving without any insurance! We are not that kind of people and certainly not that stupid!! We also have 2 very young children and like all parents dont want them in any danger so we wouldn't put them in any by not having insurance!!

If he is an additional driver is he not earning no claims?

It is very unlikely that he is earning any no claims if he does not have his own policy. On top of that if you are insured as the main driver on both cars and one is registered to him and he drives it as an additional driver then you are that kind of people! Well, you would be in the eyes of the insurance company should something go wrong!

It is very unlikely that he is earning any no claims if he does not have his own policy. On top of that if you are insured as the main driver on both cars and one is registered to him and he drives it as an additional driver then you are that kind of people! Well, you would be in the eyes of the insurance company should something go wrong!

No he is putting the car in my name as I will probably be the one who drives it the most so really It would be my car and he would only be driving it every now and again. Do we need to do 2 different policies for the same car then so he can build up his no claims?

Do we need to do 2 different policies for the same car then so he can build up his no claims?

First you need to decide if your partner is going to drive your car, if not leave it as it is, just in your name, if he may drive your car then you will need to add him as a named driver.

Then let him insure his car in his name with you as a named driver so that you both can use it …………….. Sorted.

When we only had one car my wife was on my policy for years but when she got her own car she had to start with zero no claims, no policy in your own name means no no-claims ......... yes I know there are ways around it.

Archived