Benefits crackdown

You weren't included, I'd taken into account that you and your two mates are working around the clock to build The Fourth Reich in Beighton.

you really have a fertile imagination dont you.

Going to work is not everyones cup of tea.

For people who choose to worl, let them do that - they are idiots.

They get paid rubbish wages, have to pay full rent & tax, have to meet the full costs of society and best of all, have no money left for themselves to spend on the nice things in life.

People say "well you are doing the right thing", I say "well you only have one life" and you have two options

1) work yourself to the bone and have no nice things in life and get hammers for it......these people want a family, but can't afford to have kids

or

2) take money from the hard workers, and enjoy life - a drink in a beer garden etc.... moer kids = more cash

Scrounging scum!!

I havent read the whole thread, but I truly hope they sort this out.

Every year I get more and more annoyed when someone I know, on benefits, has a foreign holiday and me and my family have to scrimp and scrape to get a holiday in a caravan down cornwall...

How is this right? they also smoke and have a car! I dont smoke and probably wouldnt be able to afford to anyway if I wanted to.

So our tax money is paying for these foreign holidays and cigarettes, while we have to holiday in this country because of all the tax we pay! Its ridiculous.

No wonder they dont want to work, why would they?

I havent read the whole thread, but I truly hope they sort this out.

Every year I get more and more annoyed when someone I know, on benefits, has a foreign holiday and me and my family have to scrimp and scrape to get a holiday in a caravan down cornwall...

How is this right? they also smoke and have a car! I dont smoke and probably wouldnt be able to afford to anyway if I wanted to.

So our tax money is paying for these foreign holidays and cigarettes, while we have to holiday in this country because of all the tax we pay! Its ridiculous.

No wonder they dont want to work, why would they?

You have hit the nail on the head.

Have you noticed on todays hot sunny day, the fact that during the daytime the beer gardens were full?

Have to admit - I was in the pub opposite the Norwood Medical Centre on Herries Road (well outside), at 4.45pm we were coming to the end of our boozy afternoon, yet the workers were in their cars stuck in traffic jams.

It is wrong - but thank New Labour for this

You have hit the nail on the head.

Have you noticed on todays hot sunny day, the fact that during the daytime the beer gardens were full?

Have to admit - I was in the pub opposite the Norwood Medical Centre on Herries Road (well outside), at 4.45pm we were coming to the end of our boozy afternoon, yet the workers were in their cars stuck in traffic jams.

It is wrong - but thank New Labour for this

Haha

6 out of 10 for amusement.

0 out of 10 for credible trolling

Rich5315

JSA isn't as much as Incapacity Benefit. Also, there ARE jobs out there! Tax credits are still there to top up wages so I have no idea why you think you need £15ph to break even!

If you can work then you shoudl even if it equals what you get on JSA..have some pride....

i would say when it comes to the bottom line the pride of being able to feed and water your seeds wins every time...even if you're doing that from benefits. going to work etc if you end up worse off really is not that big an incentive just because you want to be 'proud' you 'earned' your money.

I just don't buy it that you can be worse off in work, even if you are only £5 better off, you should be working!

you most certainly can be worse off. anyone on around minimum wage with a rent of more than £300 will most likely be worse off. if you under 25(no tax credits) the situation is worse, and if you have kids more so.

if that situation can be remedies(by cutting the amount of benefits people get or increasing how much they get paid) then things will change. but right now A LOT of people are better off not working.

Archived