Revolucion de Cuba

Paul2412

• 3 weeks later...

You will find that a lot of places will not let you in with shorts on. If you have been out during the day then so be it but door staff normally start on a venue at 8pm, therefore the dress code will be enforced from then, If you walk past players and a few other venues you will see that they are now starting to display the dress code in the window. As for trainers it depends on what they are like. Plain trainers will be ok but sports trainers are a no. With regards to T-Shirts etc, if they have big logos on them such as Henley’s etc, they will generally be refused from most places now.

The big issue in Sheffield is that there are 2 football teams and some brands are associated with the football lads. Therefore it is easier to have a blanket rule on dress code rather than trying to deem who is a football lad or not etc. The easiest thing to do is to walk away and accept it then come back the following week if you want to get in. Unfortunately some people don’t see this as an option and try to start fights with the door staff which is not the most sensible decision as it almost always ends up with them being locked up or not being able to get in anywhere else that night. Town is covered by police cameras all the time and the doormen are all linked via radio so kicking off at one pub can wreck the rest of your night.

And remember the dress code is set by the managment of the club/pub, the doorstaff are there to enforce it, not change it.

Hope this helps.

Went last Thursday. the food was alright, but the drinks service was pretty poor. Took an age considering it was quiet, I had a Mojito - could barely taste any sugar and not enough lime. The best Mojito's are at Cubana's. The worst are at the Old House.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I have been here a couple of times now both at different times on different days and loved it both times and think I might make this a regular haunt. The service is excellent, the food is good and the cocktails are great and fab atmosphere. On thursdays I know they have live music which really adds to the feel of the place as well. It feels quite sophisticated without being exclusive and too pricey.

Yeah I have been here a couple of times now both at different times on different days and loved it both times and think I might make this a regular haunt. The service is excellent, the food is good and the cocktails are great and fab atmosphere. On thursdays I know they have live music which really adds to the feel of the place as well. It feels quite sophisticated without being exclusive and too pricey.

Have you recently started there ? :D

• 1 month later...

I’ve been before and love the food and the cocktails and actually found the service better than average- at table cocktail service and very friendly and efficient staff.

However me and my partner went yesterday for a quick bite- we were asked where we wanted to sit and then waited 30mins just be asked for drinks orders (we also ordered a main each) we then waited another 20 mins for the drinks, bearing in mind the drinks were only a couple of soda waters with lime. The food came and was very nice as usual but just for a glass of water and a salad we were in there an hour and a quarter. The bar wasn’t even very busy at all been an early Monday evening.

Possibly an off day?

Archived