Jewish extremist, Muslim extremist.

Jewish extremists give Jews a bad name so should they be weeded out and locked up by Jews.

Muslim extremists give Muslims a bad name so should they be weeded out and locked up by Muslims.

Or do you think most Jews and Muslims actually support their extremist groups.

If as extremist atheist group was killing religious people and claiming they represent all atheists it would make me very angry and I would condemn them every time they committed an atrocity, I would never find an excuse for their actions and I would do whatever I could to help weed them out .

Jewish extremists give Jews a bad name so should they be weeded out and locked up by Jews.

Muslim extremists give Muslims a bad name so should they be weeded out and locked up by Muslims.

If as extremist atheist group was killing religious people and claiming they represent all atheists it would make me very angry and I would condemn them every time they committed an atrocity, I would never find an excuse for their actions and I would do whatever I could to help weed them out .

Last night I watched a BBC three programme, 'my brother the islamist'

It was very disturbing and I felt truly sorry that the two brothers were now worlds apart.

Last night I watched a BBC three programme, 'my brother the islamist'

It was very disturbing and I felt truly sorry that the two brothers were now worlds apart.

That's because the brother that converted unfortunately went under the guide of Anjum Chaudry.

As for the OP, muslims in general do tackle and expose these radicals.

http://www.salmayaqoob.com/2011/02/birmingham-muslims-against-extremism.html

That's because the brother that converted unfortunately went under the guide of Anjum Chaudry.

As for the OP, muslims in general do tackle and expose these radicals.

http://www.salmayaqoob.com/2011/02/birmingham-muslims-against-extremism.html

Yes, I noticed this, the one ray of hope however, was that the new convert by the end of the programme was beginning to think about what he was doing by associating with the extremists , he seemed to be more of a free thinker.

Yes, I noticed this, the one ray of hope however, was that the new convert by the end of the programme was beginning to think about what he was doing by associating with the extremists , he seemed to be more of a free thinker.

I did not see the end- but I know some individuals who began their route in to Islam via groups like Hiz-ul Tahir and Al Muhajiroon (once run by Omar Bakri) but later realized this was not the Islam they wanted.

There are extremists in all groups and its part and parcel of society unfortunately.

If somebody commits atrocious acts that just happens to be muslim/xtian/jewish/atheist, or male/female, or young/old, whatever, then it is not incumbent on the people within those groups to condemn the actions of that person anymore than anybody else.

If somebody commits atrocious act "in the name" of a particular group, then I could understand why people within that group would want to be more vocal in their condemnation.

But seriously, nobody is going to commit atrocious acts "in the name" of atheism any more than they are "in the name" of theism. Neither of those simple positions, alone, is motivation to do anything at all. Neither is belief, or lack of, in ghosts.

However, if somebody was to commit oxymoronic atrocious acts "in the name" of Humanism, I'm sure that Polly Toynbee would be a bit peeved.

If somebody commits atrocious acts that just happens to be muslim/xtian/jewish/atheist, or male/female, or young/old, whatever, then it is not incumbent on the people within those groups to condemn the actions of that person anymore than anybody else.

I agree

If somebody commits atrocious act "in the name" of a particular group, then I could understand why people within that group would want to be more vocal in their condemnation.

But do they always condemn them or do they sometimes keep silent because they actually agree with their aims.

But seriously, nobody is going to commit atrocious acts "in the name" of atheism any more than they are "in the name" of theism. Neither of those simple positions, alone, is motivation to do anything at all. Neither is belief, or lack of, in ghosts.

Probably not but could that change if we are constantly dragged into conflicts by other groups?

Quote:

Originally Posted by quisquose View Post

If somebody commits atrocious act "in the name" of a particular group, then I could understand why people within that group would want to be more vocal in their condemnation

But do they always condemn them or do they sometimes keep silent because they actually agree with their aims.

What about the US kill Team- in whose name were they doing their killing of innocents? And videotaping it too...

It's sometimes very hard to find Muslims always expected to condemn attrocities committed by some Muslims- especially when they see the likes of the Kill Team and other stories like torture at Abu Gharib prison.

The people of Afghanistan/ Iraq hoped the forces sent in would bring something better overall but its not been the case for some. Negative stories like the above get brushed under the carpet many times and the photos in the link were being kept hidden by the Pentagon.

What about the US kill Team- in whose name were they doing their killing of innocents? And videotaping it too...

It's sometimes very hard to find Muslims always expected to condemn attrocities committed by some Muslims- especially when they see the likes of the Kill Team and other stories like torture at Abu Gharib prison.

The people of Afghanistan/ Iraq hoped the forces sent in would bring something better overall but its not been the case for some. Negative stories like the above get brushed under the carpet many times and the photos in the link were being kept hidden by the Pentagon.

I would think they represent America, they may or may not have killed innocents, and I couldn’t possibly now. It could have been in response to the twin towers again I don’t know.

The images the Pentagon doesn't want us to see may or may not be images they don’t want us to see. I always wonder why I can see them if the pentagon doesn’t want me to see them. The images don’t tell the full story; the text that goes with them may or may not be the truth, I couldn’t possibly know.

I can understand why a group wouldn’t condemn actions by radical members of their group when they see images of their group dead.

Only time will tell if the people of Afghanistan/ Iraq will be better off, I’m sure some will be and some won’t.

Archived