Foreign crime wave!

No, it doesn't. You are incorrect.

It also flatly cintradicts your nonsense about the police being 'cautious' about arresting non-whites.

No it doesn't. They may be 6 times more likely to be arrested, but what if they are 10, or 50, times more likey to be offenders? On that basis, the Police would be applying caution.

As neither of us have figures to prove it one way or the other, we can't draw any silly conclusions and make ridiculous claims like you have above.

No, because sadly there are still enough idiots around prepared to assume, as you do, that a non white is more likely to be guilty than a white man.
Nobody assumes that, we're just going on what the courts find. Or are the courts manned by EDL members?

No it doesn't. They may be 6 times more likely to be arrested, but what if they are 10, or 50, times more likey to be offenders? On that basis, the Police would be applying caution.

As neither of us have figures to prove it one way or the other, we can't draw any silly conclusions and make ridiculous claims like you have above.

they're not, though.

That tells us that they are 6 times more likely to be committing drug offences.

It also tells us that the people arrested are more likely to be guilty, re-offenders or serious offenders than the white people who are arrested - if they were just targeting back people for the sake of it, the imprisonment rates would be lower because they'd turn out to be innocent, wouldn't they??

i don't 'condemn' anyone. like i said, people grieve in different ways, it just doesn't seem to have worked much for Denise. but, i'd defend her right to do it as she wants. it's nothing to do with her being white middle class as you put it. if prince William did the same i'd feel the same.

i'm not in the woman's situation, so i don't know how i'd react. i can safely say, in all likelihood, i'd come out guns blazing. i understand the urge, but i also think that the dead do not suffer the living. there comes a time to move on. ( not 'shut up' as you seem to have decided i said, or mean.) she doesn't have to 'go away', or even stop talking to the sun, the guardian or Oprah if she wants to. but perhaps she could speak of how devastating it is, how you have to move on, how her son lives on in her work, how the justice system needs to change...in all it's complexities and subtleties

maybe my thinking, and feeling, is very much cultural, but i'd want to be left to grieve with close friends and family. that is where my opinion comes from. not from the guardian or some such.

i just don't think grief should be public. that's all.

as for the justice system and it's many failings i agree with you on a lot of what you seem to suggest, and not so much on others things. we're going to have to leave it at that.

you're more likely to be found guilty and face a harsher sentence for the same crime if you're BME than if you're white.

now, I don't think it makes society or the police 'racist' in that they set out to lock people up and let others go. it's just there are more white people in the system and they relate more to their own. human nature.

it needs to change, and is changing, but to say the stat's prove the system is 'racist' or that BMEs are more likely to commit crime is mistaken, i think.

That tells us that they are 6 times more likely to be committing drug offences.

It also tells us that the people arrested are more likely to be guilty, re-offenders or serious offenders than the white people who are arrested - if they were just targeting back people for the sake of it, the imprisonment rates would be lower because they'd turn out to be innocent, wouldn't they??

No, the study reveals that more black people are arrested. Perhaps they are 'targeted' because they tend to be more likely to be found standing on street corners handing out wraps in exchange for money.

in areas with black majorities, yes. in areas with white majorities it's the white dealers.

and, also, it varies with the type of drug. cane, heroine etc are overwhelmingly used and dealt in the white community. weed, on the other hand...though students buck that trend.

in the past four years, i've been stopped at least six or so times because, 'you were rolling something that looked like drugs'. yeah,, in the city centre, with ten other people smoking roll ups in the vicinity. ok.

and, also, it varies with the type of drug. cane, heroine etc are overwhelmingly used and dealt in the white community. weed, on the other hand...
And I wonder how many 'weed' users there are compared to heroine and cocaine users.

So if there are lots and lots of BME weed users and sellers, is there any surprise that lots and lots of them get arrested?

How do you know that? We don't have proof either way.

everything i'm saying, for the most part is based on experience. my own and others.

i'll hit up some of my friends studying this sort of thing and ask them for links and 'evidence.'

Archived