Tory council candidate lies during phone in about honesty

One of those in the "you couldn't make it up" category.

Tory candidate Ashley Waterhouse rang a phone in about honesty in politics but gave an assumed name and denied he was standing in the local elections. When the radio presenter recognised his voice and number he was rung back and asked to confirm his real identity. He was given the chance 3 times to come clean but made more and more excuses.

Eventually he confessed to who he was.

Phil Bailey, chairman of Derby South Conservative Association, said: "I think it was a genuine mistake, I don't think it was deceit and lies."

A genuine mistake? A genuine mistake? Pretending to be someone else to appear on a phone in? Had he just forgotten his own name and council candidature?

What a berk!

One of those in the "you couldn't make it up" category.

Tory candidate Ashley Waterhouse rang a phone in about honesty in politics but gave an assumed name and denied he was standing in the local elections. When the radio presenter recognised his voice and number he was rung back and asked to confirm his real identity. He was given the chance 3 times to come clean but made more and more excuses.

Eventually he confessed to who he was.

Phil Bailey, chairman of Derby South Conservative Association, said: "I think it was a genuine mistake, I don't think it was deceit and lies."

A genuine mistake? A genuine mistake? Pretending to be someone else to appear on a phone in? Had he just forgotten his own name and council candidature?

What a berk!

No, you really COULDN'T make it up!!!:hihi::hihi::hihi:

If the Have I Got News For You team let this one slip, then they might as well throw the towel in!:hihi: Come on, Hislop!

Big deal - an election candidate lies in a radio phone in.

Compared to all those Labour MPs who lied about their expenses and are now serving time in jail, this is pretty small fry.

Yeah, those Tories wouldn't be involved in anything like that, would they?:hihi:

What a prat,they should have accepted his resignation, he looks more like a green than a conservative.:D

I thought he looked like an ageing rock star - and what a liar - he kept denying when he got caught like kid or a shoplifter caught on cctv - he'll make a fine tory MP one day, I wonder if he has a duck house yet?

What a div, but he's only 22. Hopefully he will learn from this.

yeah - how to get his chuffin' hair cut and bog off away from politics - might be worth an undercover journalist having a pike around him eh- in time for the local elections

Archived