Basic funeral costs?

If anyone is thinking of pre paying a funeral. If it will be in a council graveyard it

may work out cheaper to buy the burial plot direct from the council rather than leaving it to the funeral director.

Buy now,you get the deeds and 30yr lease, and the prices do increase as there seems to be a shortage of available land.

my dad was cremated last week and we went with the fantastic services offered from the funeral diectors based at wadsley bridge. the cost of the funeral was £2650 that was for a basic but very nice coffin, hearse, no extra cars, small spray of flowers on the coffin and the cremation held at grenoside. hope this helps.

you also dont need to use the services of a funeral director if you dont want. you can cut out the middleman and arrange everything yourself, buying everything and hiring what you need directly.

many thanks for all the kind replies. quite a bit of a range re pricing. dad has been promised a grant but this will not cover everything.

the problem we have at the moment is that everyone we have spoken to has demanded at least £500 deposit, which we were not expecting. does anyone know of any funeral places in rotherham that do not insist on a deposit or will proceed for a smaller one?

thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...
my dad was cremated last week and we went with the fantastic services offered from the funeral diectors based at wadsley bridge. the cost of the funeral was £2650 that was for a basic but very nice coffin, hearse, no extra cars, small spray of flowers on the coffin and the cremation held at grenoside. hope this helps.

you also dont need to use the services of a funeral director if you dont want. you can cut out the middleman and arrange everything yourself, buying everything and hiring what you need directly.

Was this Fairest funeral directors(I think thats what there called.).

My dad was cremated yesterday and it cost £2,600 for a hearse and 1 other car, the only thing this didn't include was the flowers which you order seperately.
Who was that with dibsy. Thankyou Mick.

Not being nosey but my dad died Tuesday and trying to get my head around everything and sort every thing out.

Who was that with dibsy. Thankyou Mick.

Not being nosey but my dad died Tuesday and trying to get my head around everything and sort every thing out.

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your Dad Bikertec, I would greatly recommend Simpsons based just off City Road (a little side st you would see them from the main road) they were fantastic when my Mum died earlier this year, very professional and understanding we couldn't have wished for a better service.

Mums funeral cost around (or slightly less) the same price as Dibsy's Dads funeral.

Archived