Basic funeral costs?

We have both written wills, but think that funeral costs are OTT and a waste of money, we don't require a service, so what are our options?

Funerals are a lot of money I agree, you could do it yourself so to speak but there are quite a lot of things to do and different costs involved at a time when your head is already all over the place, its nice to be able to put it all in the hands of someone else that you can trust in my opinion.

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your Dad Bikertec, I would greatly recommend Simpsons based just off City Road (a little side st you would see them from the main road) they were fantastic when my Mum died earlier this year, very professional and understanding we couldn't have wished for a better service.

Mums funeral cost around (or slightly less) the same price as Dibsy's Dads funeral.

Thankyou Moonbird.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Depends on how much you like the person you're going to bury :)

I disagree... a funeral can be cheap and that doesn't mean you care about them less, sometimes using your own/someone you know's estate car or camper van is a more personal touch. A cardboard coffin can be tastefully decorated or everyone could write messages/memories or draw on there. Or even wicker/willow coffins are cheaper than the solid oak coffins with all the trimmings and often more tasteful and beautiful.

Nature burrial sight at ulley £500 all inclusive.

Perfect! We buried my father in law in September at Clayton Wood Natural Burial ground in sussex .. it was utterly beautiful, if a funeral can indeed be called beautiful. Butterflies settling on the flowers on the coffin and birds singing in the background .. and the lovely fact that there will be no grave as such eventually, as the ground is now covered in grass and wild flower seeds, and a tree ..

Archived