Steelers now recruiting cheerleaders..

Have you ever been to a Sheffield Steelers game?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Have you ever been to a Sheffield Steelers game?

• Yes
    • No

Sheffield Steelers "Steeler Girls" are now recruiting new cheerleaders...

If you'd like to audition then pop down to meet our head cheerleader Vickie at the Motorpoint Arena on Saturday 16 April between 2pm and 4pm.

For more information and to fill out an application form, please email Vickie on cheerleaders@sheffieldsteelers.co.uk

The cheerleaders were introduced in January to improve the match night experience and the Steelers have had a fantastic response to their presence.

Head cheerleader Vickie said: “I’ve really enjoyed working with the Steelers and the squad over the last few months and whilst I didn’t know much about hockey just a couple of months ago now I’m an avid fan!

“This season we’re looking for some really outgoing girls that can join us at as many games as possible between September and next March to dance, get involved with community events and just mingle amongst the audience. The young girls have loved getting up and cheering with us this year, I think they’ve spent more time with my pom poms than I have!

“We’re also hoping to enter some cheerleading competitions so it’s important that people want to put in the work learning routines but it is rewarding in lots of ways. I’ve had some lovely thank you cards from little children and it really has been so much fun!”

Archived