Do you have angina ?

My dad had it, and he used a spray(under the tongue)to keep it at bay for years. It was terrible for me as a kid, I remember we'd be driving out to Castleton or somewhere for a day out and suddenly we'd have to stop somewhere and wait for his Angina attack to pass.

Back in 93/94 he had an operation where they but some "balloons" in his veins to keep them open so the blood flowed through better; but it didn't really do the trick because he still kept having Angina attacks for years afterwards, up until last year when the doctors found that these "balloons" were not suitable, or had not been put in properly, so they arranged another operation and fitted proper stents, which so far seem to have done the trick.

That would be a coronary angioplasty - also a routine procedure these days and is often done as a day case. Back in the 1970's when I was a student nurse, all patients who had an angioplasty stayed on bedrest on Coronary Care for several days afterwards. How things have progressed and improved. Thank God for the NHS.

Archived