What do u think of people with tattoos?

hi guys, im male 27 and have 2 kids and iv got a few tattoos and would love some more but i worry about what other people think, so what do u think of people with tattoos?

Ive got plenty of ink.

I love it.

I love it all!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not rubbish though is it? This thread proves that people do make decisions on how people decorate themselves.

It might not be right, it might not be fair, but it is what happens in real life. Would you advise your children against having tattoos knowing full well that it might hold them back in life?

no i wouldnt i dont have children myself but if they wanted a tattoo i wouldnt stop them. i would make sure it was done properly by a good artist.

my brother who is a senior manager on a very good salary (where he has to pitch to clients) has many many tattoos. do you think this effects his job? do you think he boss would let him pitch to big clients?? no it doesnt.

i also have a good job where i have worked for 8 years, i doesnt effect my job whatsoever. people judge my competeance on how i do my job not cos i have a tattoo on my wrist.

That's exactly the point. Suppose two people go for a job, both equally qualified. One is a well-spoken, well-presented person with no tattoos, the other is a rough looking chav with visible piercings and tattoos. Which is most likely to get the job?

I have piercings and tattoos, but I wouldn't turn-up for an interview with them showing, that would be dumb, I might get someone like you interviewing me.

Oh, and I'm well-spoken too.

Nobody at work has ever said anything negative about my tattoos, perhaps I'm not a rough looking chav afterall :)

what is 2 people go for a job, One is a well-spoken, well-presented person with no tattoos, the other is well spoken, well presented and has tattoos that are covered. Which is most likely to get the job?

Either, considering the one with the tats has made a concious decision to cover up. If you have tats and cover up you have to ask yourself why? Fear of discrimination? If you don't wish to be discriminated against don't decorate yourself. If you're self confident enough and expose your tats it could possibly have a desired effect as the person you're being interviewed by may also be a tat lover. It can work both ways.

Because you may feel it's a statement of self expression others may feel it's a result of self abuse or poor choice, both valid from an individual point. Having tats and hiding them for gain is a little hypocritical maybe.

If you have tats and cover up you have to ask yourself why?

For the same reason you wouldn't turn-up to an interview in a pair of shorts, a vest, tatty sneakers and a nose ring, which might be your normal "look". Everyone conforms to the "smart" interview uniform if they wan't to be taken seriously. Once you start work though, provided the company dress code allows it, you can wear what you want.

For the same reason you wouldn't turn-up to an interview in a pair of shorts, a vest and tatty sneakers, which might be your normal "look", everyone "conforms" to the interview uniform if they wan't to be taken seriously.

I get your point but it's a very poor example. Clothes can be changed at a whim and are not a part of the body, tats can't be changed or removed unless you book yourself in for laser treatment.

That's the whole point of the "interview uniform". Tats do not constitute a part of the uniform. Do you walk around and sleep in your interview suit?

My point is, because of such difference in individual opinion, if you're going to have tats then at least do it for your own reasons rather than be dictated to at a later date by someone else's.

My point is, because of such difference in individual opinion, if you're going to have tats then at least do it for your own reasons rather than be dictated to at a later date by someone else's.

You you think I should walk round in vest everyday (regardless of the situation) so everyone can see them all the time ? What about people with piercings, should they be on show all the time, even pierced "rude bits" ?

If my boss wants me to wear a long-sleeved shirt at work (he doesn't BTW) then I will, it's no big deal.

no i wouldnt i dont have children myself but if they wanted a tattoo i wouldnt stop them. i would make sure it was done properly by a good artist.

you know what i have 3 kids and am not a bad mother, and even if saying this makes me sound like a bad one, i dont care, when my kids are old enough to have a tattoo and they want one, i would probably help them pick it and go with them

this is when they are over 18 and make the decision themselves, the only kind i wont agree with are names of boyfriends/girlfriends

Archived