What do u think of people with tattoos?

I've never completed a job application that asked if I had tattoos.

Flight attendant, airline check in counter, office, hotel, doctor's and dentists receptionists, upscale restaurant staff are some jobs that come to mind where employers might ask about tattoos.

Tattoos might be in style but still project a negative image amongst much of the general public

I run a business and if some one came for an interview with tattoos I would have to think twice about employing them,the reason is they would be going into peoples houses representing the company, and it is not the image that I would want to portray,some have a stereotype opinion of people with tattoos, especially older people.

Flight attendant, airline check in counter, office, hotel, doctor's and dentists receptionists, upscale restaurant staff are some jobs that come to mind where employers might ask about tattoos.

Tattoos might be in style but still project a negative image amongst much of the general public

In the jobs you mentioned people expect people to look a certain way, having green hair, a nose ring, scary make-up or a shaved head would probably get you "funny" looks. If you work in a customer-facing job there is no room for individuality. if you don't work with the public I don't see the problem. I guess a large group of people would rather have someone who looked "nice" but didn't do the job very well instead of someone "weird" who might do a good job. Strange world we live in.

I run a business and if some one came for an interview with tattoos I would think twice about employing them,the reason is they would be going into peoples houses representing the company, and it is not the image that I would want to portray,some have a stereotype opinion of people with tattoos, especially older people.

Then your guilty of discrimination and i hope you get sued :)

Archived