Litterbugs do my head in

Sheffield is quite a dirty place. C'mon, it is.

People litter as if it is the most natural thing in the world.

People may not realise how much damage to the environment litter can do. It is not only unsightly, but can cause problems with animals - and aquatic creatures too.

I really wish the local councils would enforce the law on littering

I was driving along and I saw this person just blatantly drop a cup of coke. They looked around to see if anyone was watching, so they knew what they were doing was wrong. I beeped at them so they knew someone had seen.

But why do people do it when there are so many bins available?

Sheffield is quite a dirty place. C'mon, it is.

People litter as if it is the most natural thing in the world.

People may not realise how much damage to the environment litter can do. It is not only unsightly, but can cause problems with animals - and aquatic creatures too.

I really wish the local councils would enforce the law on littering

I was driving along and I saw this person just blatantly drop a cup of coke. They looked around to see if anyone was watching, so they knew what they were doing was wrong. I beeped at them so they knew someone had seen.

But why do people do it when there are so many bins available?

Very much agree, it's catching them in the act though (and often when they do, the sob stories make the papers because 'it was only a tab end'.

I also hate people spitting in the streets, not just once but over and over (sucking up flem and spitting it out ewww).

I hate littering but I am a hypocrite because I drop chewing gum on the floor sometimes when I've had it in for too long and don't have a piece of paper handy to wrap it in. :blush:

Oxford Circus in central London had a new multi crossing junction set up a couple of years ago. Within a month the floor was a mass of white blobs from gum spitters. Gum should be banned since people simply cant' be trusted with it.

Archived