What makes you shop at a certain Website

I prefer companies that offer either Royal Mail special delivery or "before 9 AM" type delivery if it's a courier.

Any company that uses CityLink does not get my business.

Are you aware that pigeon post is now available in Barnsley?:cool:

What entices people to buy from a website ?

Other than Reputation or Household name, what would make you think "that looks like a good deal, I'll buy that ?"

Or What makes you go to a website in the first place ?

What incentives or rewards make you return time and time again to a web site with your repeaat business ?

Thanks for your help in advance

I find something I like, then compare prices on other websites. Cheapest wins. :) ... as long as it's not a fake knock-off that is.

EDIT - I also give preference to sites offering PayPal.

I prefer companies that offer either Royal Mail special delivery or "before 9 AM" type delivery if it's a courier.

Any company that uses CityLink does not get my business.

Don't like CityLink but they're not as bad as UPS.

Price. Availability. Shipping costs.

And they must either accept a credit card or Paypal (both of which guarantee a refund in the event of non-delivery.)

In the past, I've been loth to buy from Chinese suppliers (most of them required Western Union - which has no guarantees) but I needed a battery for a Sony VAIO laptop and the only supplier (at a reasonable price) was a firm in China. They were prepared to accept Paypal, so I ordered it. They e-mailed me 2 days later saying it had been posted and I got it within 3 weeks of the order.

Thanks for the answers so far, But what makes you go to a web site in the first place ?

I tend to go off recommendations from friends and places I know have very reasonable prices - i.e Amazon where you can get almost anything for about 50% of the costs in the shop. Once I shop somewhere once, I tend to be a repeat customer.

I'm also tempted to use places when there are offers or discount vouchers available, even if its something I won't normally go for, if its on offer I may have a go!

Archived