Mess all over Hillsborough Park courtesy of students

I am council, n don't you worry we are, I've not posted on here for advice or to be told how to do things, I've posted to make it clear that people are dirty and don't give a crap bout local areas

Don't worry, some of us care. I live nearby to the park and was disgusted at the mess I saw this morning. Like you said, even on match days, it isn't anywhere near as bad.

I would suggest contacting Hillsborough Forum also. They might be able to bend the ear(s) of respective universities about the behaviour of their students also.

Don't worry, some of us care. I live nearby to the park and was disgusted at the mess I saw this morning. Like you said, even on match days, it isn't anywhere near as bad.

I would suggest contacting Hillsborough Forum also. They might be able to bend the ear(s) of respective universities about the behaviour of their students also.

Probly see you about then. I know a lot do dintean all people are dirty n don't care meant to put 'some people are dirty'

Probly see you about then. I know a lot do dintean all people are dirty n don't care meant to put 'some people are dirty'

im not saying this is right, but im affraid thats what people do... it could have been students, or anyone, if this is not your job and your in landscaping then who's job is it to clean it up? because it's obviously an hazard!

Yes, it was very noisy in town too after the match. I felt a little vulnerable waiting for my bus. But please don't think all students are like this, it takes tens to cause problems, while their are tens of thousands of them in Sheffield. They keep violent crime down, provide a lot of jobs and mostly just have picnics.

Far more of them are volunteering for Sheffield's charities, schools and hospitals than causing trouble.

I hate seeing litters on the street, on grass and shrub....

I'm a Hallam student but honestly I don't litter and don't spit. I'm a lad but I'm so different to other lads that I'm not a sporty person, not interested in sports and have never been to an English football match.

We do get law about fines for littering in public space then why is this system not working?? Where're those to enforce the law? Are those going to football matches exempted from being penalised for littering?

if this is not your job and your in landscaping then who's job is it to clean it up? because it's obviously an hazard!

The gardeners do have to litter pick but when there's extra amounts of litter, they don't have time to do their proper job which is keeping the parks nice for people to enjoy. People just need to show a little more respect for the public areas we have

The gardeners do have to litter pick but when there's extra amounts of litter, they don't have time to do their proper job which is keeping the parks nice for people to enjoy. People just need to show a little more respect for the public areas we have

Agreed, its about respecting our parks, people would soon moan if we didn't have public areas to enjoy :)

The op has a valid point, imo. We all complain about littering and vandalism, but some posters seem to find it it more acceptable because students are the culprits this time?

There is a certain percentage who seem to be totally beyond the pale when it comes to their behaviour, remember Carnage?

They should certainly be taught the lesson that if you want to hold parties in public places, clean up after yourselves, don't expect the rest of us to pick up after you. We're not your mum and dad who never taught you how to behave properly.

i really don't know what the fuss is about, it happens everywhere thats why you are in work, if you are not happy with your job maybe find another!

rugby / football match + drink = mess

You missed the last part of the equation from your post. It should read:

rugby/football match + drink = mess (which people should them clean up after themselves or receive a penalty charge for littering.)

Archived