Mess all over Hillsborough Park courtesy of students

You missed the last part of the equation from your post. It should read:

rugby/football match + drink = mess (which people should them clean up after themselves or receive a penalty charge for littering.)

yes should. But realistically this won't happen. I'm not saying this is right, but if there's an event then they ought to have a clean up operation in place, that would make more sense.

yes should. But realistically this won't happen. I'm not saying this is right, but if there's an event then they ought to have a clean up operation in place, that would make more sense.
The event wasn't in the park, though. That's just where they decided to go afterwards and trash the place, isn't it?

I generally don't have any issues with students, but I witnessed the drunken chaos yesterday afternoon/evening. The place looked like a right dump this morning, with cans, bottles and takeaway packaging thrown everywhere.

Similar to Endcliffe Park at certain summer weekends .. the council quickly clean it up, but that's not the point. :rant:

The event wasn't in the park, though. That's just where they decided to go afterwards and trash the place, isn't it?

well, whoever held the event ought to be made responsable. When there's a football match on, outside the stadium can be a mess, it's like it at evey event.

If i was the landscaper, then I would have refused to have worked because it's dangerous... who knows what rubbish was left.

I'm furious at this. I took the Yorkshire in Bloom judges on a tour of the park and the walled garden only yesterday morning. They were full of praise for how clean and beautiful the park was.

Well done on all your hard work TractorJoe, you and Paul and the team do a wonderful job of managing and maintaining the park and thank you.

I do think that it might be useful for Paul or the ranger to get in touch with the Universities and put in a formal complaint, they should be told about it.

I saw the students pratting about in the street around lunchtime that day carrying boxes of lager under their arm and generally behaving like 'children' let loose for the first time.

I'm furious at this. I took the Yorkshire in Bloom judges on a tour of the park and the walled garden only yesterday morning. They were full of praise for how clean and beautiful the park was.

Well done on all your hard work TractorJoe, you and Paul and the team do a wonderful job of managing and maintaining the park and thank you.

I do think that it might be useful for Paul or the ranger to get in touch with the Universities and put in a formal complaint, they should be told about it.

I saw the students pratting about in the street around lunchtime that day carrying boxes of lager under their arm and generally behaving like 'children' let loose for the first time.

surely if this event (which i have no idea about) was held for students that the organisers knew what was going to happen. It's just a fact what happens. It's not right but it does happen.

I would also like to point out... not all students are like this

Well done on all your hard work TractorJoe, you and Paul and the team do a wonderful job of managing and maintaining the park and thank you..

Very nice of you to say so Fox, Mr SpeedDemon works there too :)

Archived