Mess all over Hillsborough Park courtesy of students

It's worse when you have scrotes on monkey bikes thrashing them around the park carrying their mates one at a time across the field at dusk, with no lights on, pulling doughnuts and generally acting like tw@ts.

good job our football training had finished.

i hate the way they put a posh lardy dah voice on when in shops ect! they forget they are in sheffield and not london.

Yeah! Down with regional accents! :rant:

And even more down with people speaking proper! :rant:

:hihi:

agreed, but the point some of us are trying to make is not all students are like this, however, some clearly uneducated folk with apparently nothing better to do than sit behind a keyboard and whinge about those doing better than themselves seem to be spouting rubbish. Yes, they may have been students, and yes, they may hold the blame for the mess, but lets make it clear, that NOT ALL STUDENTS ARE LIKE THIS. i am sick of brainless, erm, 'people' trying to put every student down. Jealousy and stereotyping are terrible things...

Ooh, so everyone not allowed to moan and av a bash on students, but your allowed to call everyone who aint a student 'brainless' n 'jealous' for one I ain't brainless I av a good job which ive worked hard at using my 'brain' and another I am deffinately NOT jealous of the student life, my original post was to point out that the students involved made a real mess in my park and I think the disscusion has turned in places into a mindless argument with people attacking individuals personally

enough of this inane bickering about students. Bottom line is Hillsborough Park which is lovingly taken care of by the parks team was trashed last Wednesday.

That is to say students (yes that is what they were) who attended the varsity event at the Wednesday ground overflowed into Hillsborough park to imbibe in some ale. Unfortunately those present have yet to learn the manners of dining/drinking al fresco and made one hell of a mess leaving litter everywhere expecting 'somebody' else to clear it despite the park having ample litter bins.

It isn't acceptable, they should be ashamed of themselves and perhaps all of us reading this thread will be reminded to be considerate with our litter and use a bin. :)

I think your first paragraph sums up the situation exactly. I didn't see the mess, but I see how hard the team in the park work to keep it clean and pleasant. Hillsborough Park is generally well kept, and the walled garden is a real credit to the chap who has responsibility for it. If people take such pride in their work, it is disheartening when other people feel its ok to leave their litter and generally trash a place.

In my view thats one of the ways society is divided, those who clean up after themselves and those who don't. And there will be students (and every other category of person) in both groups. :roll:

Archived