Rock'n'Roll at the Broughton Inn.

linda

Wigfield????Was she known as Big Ange???

If its the same woman,she knew Ezzy(eric),Hev(heather),Sue and Linda,Dennis(now called Mustaffa or sumat)and many more.....what became of her????

Yep Big Ange or Beast I think as well! She went off and got married then had me lol! She's gettin back into the scene now tho, spends a lot of time with Dawn & Geoff. And yes, Dawn has a sister called Diane but I'm not sure on her past, I've only ever known Geoff

Hi XH558, I only went to The Broughton a couple of times, but I've been knocking around that scene since about 1980 and most of those names don't mean anything to me, but I've seen Dex in someones photos recently so he's still around and Crazy Dave, who I count amongst my friends, is still around and about. Still DJing. He can often be found at the Rock'n'Roll club at the BRSA club in Chesterfield.

my brother paul and sister sharron used to go to the broughton i remember a crazy dave he used to hang about with my bro.

Did Dawn live near Longley????She had a younger,prettier sister called Diane if its the right girl.

She went out with a lad called Keith Bell,who knocked about with "Sonny" McCall and another lad called "The Italian Ted"(even though he was an Arab).

i know sonny mccall he is my bro mate they used to go to the broughten all time my bro still sees sonny

Hi I went to the broughton that was the good old days.

I went with a fella called Eddie he was a ted.

I was around seventeen and had my first beer there but the cops came in and I got done for underage drinking. My mother went barmy it didnt stop me going loved it.

Hi to all, I have added a picture of myself and Dex as my avatar, the photo was taken in the Broughton Inn nearly 40 yrs ago, for those that don't know me I'm the taller of the two.

Those were the days, Can't stop so keep rockin kids.

XH558 Richard

Below are some names that I remember from the Broughton Inn, some I am in contact with and will be marked as (found)

Mandy Haze, John Jessop (found), Andy Grey, Gary West (Westi), Paul (Masher), Roger one of the DJ's the other two were Crazy Dave (found) and Roy Dixon, Peter Revell (Dex)(found), Maggie (found) John Spencer (Mad Jack), Paul Berresford, Bob & Ann, Sue Newsam (found), Linda Hudson (found),her friend Jenny (found). I will post more names when I remember them lol. XH558 Richard,

Can't stop so keep rockin kids

Edited by XH558

i only went there once cudnt get in cause i was to young but i remember little geff ,yank,rocko (andrew findlay)denno (dennis hopewell) crazy dave ,tim lemm (tiger)

I'm surprised you couldn't get in 'cos you were too young. Although I was 18 I looked about 12 (so other lanlords would tell me), but I never had any problems at the Broughton. Wish I had that problem now.

I seem to remember that The Broughton didn't have a bar in the room where the record hop was held, but you could get served through a hole in the wall that looked as though it had been kicked through. It was all rough, broken with exposed brickwork. I always thought that was the way they got around serving underage drinkers. Could be just my imagination though.

Did any of you go to the Dog And Partridge?

I worked with a kid called Chris in the late 80's who was a big Rock'n'roll fan, he often went to the Dog and Partridge. He always looked the part and he even drove a big 50's car, he moved up to Sheffield from Brighton in the 80's, anyone remember him?