Nick Cleggs Lib Dems would benefit most from AV

same here, the political priority is to panic the libdems and destabilize the government, political refoRm is all well and good , but protecting the NHS and having a country that educates its young is FAR more important.

VOTE NO - VOTE AGAINST CLEGG

If we wait four years to put the boot in, what will have happened to the NHS?...we have to act now..let's tell cleggy boy what we think now...

same here, the political priority is to panic the libdems and destabilize the government, political refoRm is all well and good , but protecting the NHS and having a country that educates its young is FAR more important.

:o Steady on there or you'll let the cat out of the bag!

that's all well and good, but will the following government be any more protective of the nhs or educate the young better?

What is AV a solution to? I don't think it's a solution to anything, merely a sop to true electoral reform. A clumsly sleight of hand passing off a half-assed voting system as a genuine improvement in representational democracy.
it's a solution to the failings of the fptp system, I'll admit it's not a very good solution but it's the only option we are being offered

we aren't being offered true electoral reform and as far as I'm concerned we'll never be offered true electoral reform if we turn down what the powers that be deign to offer us

like I said it's a poisoned chalice either way

if we say yes, we are stuck with AV for a long time

if we say no, electoral reform dies as MP's will say "the people don't want it, we had this referendum and they said no"

waiting for MP's to give us true democracy is going to be a very long wait indeed

so unless there's a revolution this is the only change we are going to be able to make to the system, so I say take it

now you think it's a bad decision and I can respect that but I'm still convinced it's better than doing nothing which is what saying no achieves

and voting no in order to punish the lib dems is still not sensible, you want to punish the lib dems, wait until the next election and do it then, voting no to AV just to spite nick clegg will do absolutely no damage to the coalition whatsoever, you'll still be stuck with them for the next couple of years

now you think it's a bad decision and I can respect that but I'm still convinced it's better than doing nothing which is what saying no achieves

No, it's not better than doing nothing which is why of the 3 countries that do have AV one is not going to continue, another is looking at ways of changing the system and the last is Papua New Guinea. Says it all really.

No, it's not better than doing nothing which is why of the 3 countries that do have AV one is not going to continue, another is looking at ways of changing the system and the last is Papua New Guinea. Says it all really.
ok, so what is your alternative, leaving things as they are and having decades more government that pays no attention to protests of the people or something else ?

:hihi:

There is enough panic already don’t you think.

no such thing as enough - we need to hit the decent, sandal wearing liberals in the conscience and the careerists with the threat of going back to being lecturers.

vote anti clegg - vote no

Archived